Tom899

Finally got it! 2018 TC Titanium LWB

Hey everyone, after ordering in September, I finally got it a few days ago! Everything seems perfect.

I put in a Weathertech mat to cover the whole load area from behind the first row to the back.

I also swapped out the battery for an AGM to run my ARB Fridge/Freezer.

I have a Yakima LoadWarrior Cargo Basket that I brought out of storage and thought I'd try it. My biggest concern was it wouldn't fit in the garage height wise, but it will, still under 7'.

I was a bit surprised to see the tire pressure recommended settings at 42psi?

I know this is a stretch, but has anyone bought a radar detector mirror mount bracket? The inside rear-view mirror we have might not be compatible with any of the brackets being made, including Blendmount and RadarMount? I sent a note to BlendMount and waiting to hear back. This all might be a mute point, as a radar detector might not work with Ford's InstaClear windshield?

I ordered the Upfitter Wiring Harness, still can't figure out what the heck it includes and where? If anyone knows??

I put a coating of Liquid Glass Polish on, here are a few pics...

TWB04085_DxO.jpg

TWB04086_DxO.jpg

TWB04087_DxO.jpg

TWB04088_DxO.jpg

TWB04090_DxO.jpg

TWB04091_DxO.jpg

TWB04092_DxO.jpg

Lovely

That's a nice lookin' van!  Big, bold and RED!!

Worth the wait, isn't it?  :love_shower:

Don

Beautiful!

except where are the cargo doors? ;)

Thanks everyone!!

No cargo doors available on the Titanium...

Loading and unloading in the rain (or hot sun) I wouldn't have anything other than the lift gate

But, the real reason for me was . . . . I drove a cargo van with the cargo doors and never did get used to the restricted visibility from the inside rear view mirror.  I know it doesn't bother everyone, but I would never get used to it

Don

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Beta Don said:

Loading and unloading in the rain (or hot sun) I wouldn't have anything other than the lift gate

But, the real reason for me was . . . . I drove a cargo van with the cargo doors and never did get used to the restricted visibility from the inside rear view mirror.  I know it doesn't bother everyone, but I would never get used to it

Don

I like the cargo doors because I tend to enter and exit thru the back. I just know a hatch would whack me in the head (when I wasn't looking).

What is that on the hitch, a step?

Edited by OLDSCHOOLFOOL
Add question

14 hours ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

What is that on the hitch, a step?

Yes, it's a Weathertech BumpStep. It works well as a step, but I like it in case someone bumps into me, which has happened on my other vehicle and saved my rear door from getting smashed in. I also have the wider version called BumpStep XL (24" wide), but it was interfering with my back-up sensors, this BumpStep 12" wide one doesn't.

Love the color. 

Sweet, I really like it.

I almost went with the red, chose black instead. I like the wheels, 17" - couldn't get them with the cargo van only the wagon.

Great choice, my 2017 has been bullet proof, no warranty issues yet at 21,000 miles. Congrats! Many fun times ahead.

10 hours ago, zalienz said:

I almost went with the red, chose black instead. I like the wheels, 17" - couldn't get them with the cargo van only the wagon

Tire Rack can solve your issue if you cannot take it any more !!

Love the color, titanium chrome trim, and wheel combo.  :D  Congrats!

Thanks everyone for the comments. So far, really liking it!

I swapped out all the interior lights with LED's (7 of them), nice and bright now!

Love it!

That's the color I'm looking for in a 2019.

Tried to find a way to private message (PM) you but didn't.

Tried to edit my prior message but the forum told me it was too late.

SO

You wrote ordered in September.  Was there any special reason it took so long?

I'm wanting to order a 2019 SWB diesel.  Many reasons. 

But it is listed as limited availability and I'll probably need another vehicle in the interim between ordering in September and eventual delivery.  But the dealer said that might be a month to ???.  

If I figure on looking at 6 months my best bet might be to pick up a used econo box in the interim.  If it will be a month a short term lease/long term rental might be better.

So I'm wondering why your order took about 6 months. 

Hi Ford-diesel, sorry, I just now saw your reply. It actually took 4-months. My dealer told me it could take as long as 6-months. It's built in Spain and 4-months seems the normal amount of time for a US order. I ordered in September and it arrived at the dealer in January. I didn't pick it up untill March because thats when my Ford Edge lease was up.

ordered the Ford Transit Connect XLT Cargo Van January 8 2018. Arrived April 20 2018 in Newark New Jersey from Spain. I believe here the Van goes through the chicken tax retrofit. Still waiting now   May 12 2018.  5 - 6 months?

1 hour ago, Bo Kuga said:

ordered the Ford Transit Connect XLT Cargo Van January 8 2018. Arrived April 20 2018 in Newark New Jersey from Spain. I believe here the Van goes through the chicken tax retrofit. Still waiting now   May 12 2018.  5 - 6 months?

You're getting close. You can almost smell the new car smell.

I have the same configuration for my 2015. What color is yours?

I thought the port of entry used to be in Maryland. Perhaps Ford moved operations to the port of Newark instead.

I would image that there is some added delay in grouping the vehicles for rail transportation to regional hubs.

For my order, it took exactly two months from the time it shipped from Spain until it arrived at the local dispatch in Los Angeles.

Total wait from order to delivery was six months. It's worth the wait. Good luck!