Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ford of Canada NONservice

Gideon

I have emailed ford Canada asking about buying a "recovery hook". And got NOWHERE.  They kept telling me the hook is not compatible with my van, and asking for my VIN.  My answer to them was:"what difference does the VIN make when I want to purchase an item for whatever purpose or vehicle?"  And for the record I added that I physicaly verified the attachment spot.    Still waiting for a reply, but not very hopeful that they have the 'guts' to asnwer me!!

In the US owner's manual for my '17 van it shows where the recovery hook is stored but it also says it may or may not come with one based on the requirements of the country in which the vehicle is sold. It further states that if your vehicle doesn't come with a recovery hook, you can purchase one from your dealer.

Here it is from the online HTML version of the owner's manual:

TOWING POINTS

WARNING
The screw-in recovery hook has a left-hand thread. Turn it counterclockwise to install it. Make sure that the recovery hook is fully tightened. Failure to do so could result in the recovery hook becoming loose.

Recovery Hook
Due to requirements in some countries, your vehicle may have a recovery hook.
Recovery Hook Storage
Missing Image
If your vehicle has a recovery hook, it will be in the luggage compartment on the left-hand side.
If your vehicle does not have a recovery hook, you can purchase one from an authorized dealer.
Front Recovery Hook
Missing Image
Remove the cover and install the recovery hook.
Rear Recovery Hook
Missing Image
Remove the cover and install the recovery hook.
Note:  If your vehicle has a tow bar, you cannot install the recovery hook. Use the tow bar to tow other vehicles.

4 hours ago, Gideon said:

I have emailed ford Canada asking about buying a "recovery hook". And got NOWHERE.  They kept telling me the hook is not compatible with my van, and asking for my VIN.  My answer to them was:"what difference does the VIN make when I want to purchase an item for whatever purpose or vehicle?"  And for the record I added that I physicaly verified the attachment spot.    Still waiting for a reply, but not very hopeful that they have the 'guts' to asnwer me!!

I ran into the same problem when I was trying to get a recovery hook urgently needed for my '15 wagon. There is a thread somewhere on this forum about the subject, but to cut through the chase, the part number for the one I bought is 6M2Z-17A954-A. It is listed as a part number for other vehicles in their book, but I insisted on getting one, so they sold me one (Can$ 46.77 + tax).  Good luck.

To the best of my knowledge, no cars come with the hooks.  No make or model sold in USA.  But all the kids love buying them.  Every little import, which does not come with a hook or tow ring, has a great big hook or tow ring installed.  

On 10/30/2018 at 9:42 PM, Dandytc said:

I ran into the same problem when I was trying to get a recovery hook urgently needed for my '15 wagon. There is a thread somewhere on this forum about the subject, but to cut through the chase, the part number for the one I bought is 6M2Z-17A954-A. It is listed as a part number for other vehicles in their book, but I insisted on getting one, so they sold me one (Can$ 46.77 + tax).  Good luck.

Finally went to dealer with the part number.  Oddly, the parts  clerk insisted I give the VIN for my car - I 'claimed" it was for a homemade cargo trailer so no VIN, just look up part #. In the end, out-of-stock, but available next-day delivery if ordered @ same Can$46.77

6 hours ago, sKiZo said:

(We DO keep a close eye out for Canadian infiltrators preparing for the invasion though ... <G>)

Canucks from The North continually and repeatedly breach our border, and steal our jobs.  High paying jobs.  Not just day labor, fast food, and farm work.  Look at all those Canadien comedians making movies.  

Those are jobs which pay millions of dollars.  Those are American jobs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_comedians

May I remind you that it is a Canadian soldier, helping US forces in Afgahnistan, that holds the record for longest sniper kill - 3.6Km.

And in WW1 it was Canadian algonquin who had 305 sniper kills and over 500 enemy taken prisoner, while 'Billy' Bishop was highest-scoring Allied fighter ace with 72 CONFIRMED (+ quite a few more UNconfirmed) kills!

Edited by Gideon

7 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Just what is "brown gravy"?

I have definitely seen persons in different geographical locations have trouble with the color "yeller" (and understandably so), but brown is brown pretty much anywhere you go (at least in English).?

Poutine does indeed look good.

Poutine is good.    Strange that it never caught on & took off on US menus.  That's what we really need.  A "breastaurant" chain serving Canadian food, with waitresses in revealing outfits.  Sort of like Twin Peaks, Redneck Heaven, Mugs & Jugs.........now what will we name it?