Sign in to follow this  
doitdub

eTrailer.com Curt Trailer Hitch Installed

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share I recently ordered a curt trailer hitch from etrailer.com for my 2014 LWB Titanium and am very pleased. Great pricing, shipped fast, packed well, tutorial videos for install, and great instructions included made the installation a breeze. Definitely recommend these guys... 

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Ford/Transit+Connect/2014/C13167.html?vehicleid=201422753

All the best,

Justin

20180126_141033~2.jpg

20180126_141041-1~2.jpg

20180126_145355~2.jpg

Maybe a half hour from unpacking to tools put away. It does help to have another person available to help hold/line up the bolt holes.

How does it comply with the parking sensors?

No issue there with the hitch itself. When I put the bike rack on though, sensor screams when in reverse...glad I found that disable button by the shifter for when I've got the bike rack on. :)

Edited by doitdub

Certainly going to have to try this one out. I don't have anything back there but I'm just tickled to find a disable button for ANYTHING!:)

IMG426.jpg

Yeah it was quite the break through when we stumbled upon it as well! 😁

Looks good. Did you make some drilling or cutting?

8 hours ago, mdarren said:

Looks good. Did you make some drilling or cutting?

Thanks, no drilling or cutting required. The hardware they provide allows quick and painless install using factory holes.  You just follow the instructions and fish the bolt and plate through with the threaded wire.

Capture.PNG

Edited by doitdub

I have the same hitch and had a similar good experience.

It took me an embarrassing long time to realize there was a disable button for the reverse collision warning though...

Doesn't look like one of those would fit around my step bumper ... 

topper-done-02.jpg

Then again, that will keep me from being tempted to tow anything ... <G>

PS ...off topic but ... anyone know what that cutout at the top of the drivers side door is for? I would have thought backup camera, but that's built into the license plate light ...

27 minutes ago, sKiZo said:

PS ...off topic but ... anyone know what that cutout at the top of the drivers side door is for? I would have thought backup camera, but that's built into the license plate light ...

ford_Transit_2008_08.jpg

Aha!  Thanx for that ... I'll be able to sleep nights now ... <G>

Mine already had the third brake light on the roof. Wonder if the cutout is still there for a Euro version, or they were just too cheap to retool the die for the door ... same thing like the glued in panels instead of windows I suppose.

The cutout is for the original Euro version and is off center thus being illegal in the US. I think the Feds forced Ford to install a new brake light to meet the DOT standard. 

2 hours ago, sKiZo said:

... same thing like the glued in panels instead of windows I suppose.

Possible.  Your van left the assembly line, and shipped to U.S.A. with windows.  The windows were removed once the vans arrived in the U.S.A., and then those panels were glued in.  All Transit Connects arrived in U.S.A. as wagons.  Then they are stripped down and converted to vans.  Unfortunately, all of those seats, windows, interior, headliners, et cetera, are destroyed and recycled.  To my knowledge, none of those parts are saved for resale.  Buyers of vans who want windows are left to look in the aftermarket, while the OEM parts are being disposed of.

Posted (edited)

I gotta think they just filled a boat up with that stuff and sent it back to Turkey for "recycling" into the next batch of "wagons" coming over ... 

Edited by sKiZo

I doubt it.    Imagine cost of shipping versus locally sourced textiles and cheap labor.    Hard to judge what the cost is to the environment, to produce unwanted parts, ship them across the globe, then destroy them.

It's all politics.  And not even Donald Trump's politics.  Can't blame Trump & a handful of Starburst candy for The Chicken Tax.  The same Chicken Tax which inspired Subaru to send that Brat pickup truck with the seats in the truck bed facing backward.

7.jpg