Brett

No love in Brooklyn

Hello everyone,

Brett from Brooklyn, NY here. I just gave back my 2015 TC Wagon and picked up a 2019 Kapoor Red XLT with all the premium stuff.  There were no wagons in Brooklyn, so my dealer found one in upstate New York.  I had an aftermarket hitch installed and now I'm good to go! Wish me luck, I hope the new smaller engine is up to the task.

Regards,

Brett.

20190516_120925.thumb.jpg.1d3bf41a8b469d4d95184c18b56011e8.jpg

That red looks fantastic.  But, generic white has occasional advantages.  Being able to disappear in plain sight is useful at times.  But, given the choice, I would probably go for red like yours.

Like the red!  I have the white which my daughter refers to as the creeper van!    Im interested in how the smaller engine does.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:54 PM, Brett said:

I just gave back my 2015 TC Wagon and picked up a 2019 Kapoor Red XLT with all the premium stuff. 

Interesting choice.  You went from a Transit Connect, to a Transit Connect.  I wonder if I would do that also when the time comes.  

You my friend are in a unique position to let us know how the smaller motor REALLY performs.  Please let us know if you miss the 2.5 or if the new transmission makes it all good.  PS.  Love the red!

White is the easiest on the A/C.

I can tell you right now that there is definitely a difference in zippiness. Changing lanes or accelerating down an on-ramp take more forethought. I'm not a fast driver, so it's not that big a deal for me.  My issue will be towing my trailer. the 2015 would pull the trailer just at idle. I'm not so sure about the 2019.

Regarding TC to TC:

It wasn't my first choice.  My first choice would be a full size Transit, Low roof, short wheelbase, wagon with 2 rows only, glass all around, and a driver side sliding door.  Sadly, this configuration doesn't exist.  Years ago, I had a Ford Aerostar. I LOVED that vehicle.

Maybe one day...

It does exist but in Europe at the moment: 

10472045-ford-tourneo-custom-1.jpg

Here's my review of it 😄

Thanks for the warning about the Transit custom!

Heh, it’s not that bad, I was just making it about me 😄

Again we here in the states will not get a chance at that Ford van, too bad ,  The full size Transit we get is a much lower tech version compared to the Euro version.

The drive train was re engineered to standard RWD with Leaf Springs .  The Vans over there with the front drive have the option of AWD.

In USA, we believe that a RWD offers more power.  Increased payload.  

I know they had moved to FWD vans over here for larger cargo space due to lower floor by leaving out the frame construction necessary for RWD.