davidparker

Gen 2 Steelies

I haven't like the hubcaps on my 2018 XLT, since the day I bought it.  (They reminded me of snowflakes!).  So after a little bit of research, I decide to go with center caps and possibly trim rings.  Originally, I was going to go with black wheels, but it looked too much like a cop car.  I still haven't decided on the trim rings.  But I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

2019-01-25 10.32.59.jpg

2019-01-25 10.33.21.jpg

Those are a real improvement over the el cheapo plastic wheelcovers!  Congratulations!!

Don

Looks like the TC's  I saw in Europe last year.

I went a little different route, myself... Haha! I had previously tried using the 2002 Ford Ranger style center caps, but for the life of me, I couldn't find the shouldered lug nuts that fit our thread pattern. The shouldered (or some may call it a 'lip'?) lug nuts were needed for the center caps to stay on.

That looks pretty slick, though. 

IMAG0040_50.jpg

16-inch-1998-2011-ford-ranger-explorer-crown-victoria-chrome-plated-oem-hub-hubcap-wheel-cover-center-cap-yl24-1a096-cb-yl24-1a096-db-3259-3261_37933.jpg

Yep,  I hear you.  I spent some time researching it.  Here is a link to an aftermarket lug nut with the shoulder on it, for future reference. Dorman 611207.  It turns out that my stock lug nuts are two piece with a cone that spins on the nut.  They seem to work ok for holding the cap on.  However, my caps are from a Crown Vic Police Interceptor which has a 114mm bolt circle.  So I had the bend the tabs down to the 108mm.  They seem to be staying on.  There are a couple of guys on the Focus forum that are running them.  I'm not sure if they would work with the Ranger caps you have pictured.  Your spikes are definitely cool, but I would probably hurt myself on them! 

Well, I don't even have the caps anymore, I put them on an '89 Bronco II that I ended up getting rid of a couple months back haha. Ranger/B2 is the same bolt pattern as Crown Vic, though.