Ford Transit Connect Forum

Fan becomes LOUD at 3 and 4

petermbooth

Hi all,

I'm a new Transit Connect owner and I'm trying to figure out if there's a problem with my fan.  When the van is turned to 0,1, or 2, it makes almost NO sound. When I turn it to 3, however, it feels like a new/different fan kicks in and it is very loud and actually vibrates the steering wheel. And it makes a low thrumming noise (almost like the fan itself is maybe vibrating on its mount)

I'm wondering if this is just normal for these vans. (2018 TC Cargo with the long wheelbase)

I don't wan't to take it to Ford to have it repaired if they're just going to say, "That's what these things sound like"

A noisy fan on high is somewhat normal.........If it is vibrating the steering wheel on 3-4 and/or a low pitch rumbling noise is coming from within the dash it may be another problem. Mine did that very same thing and it was a mouse nest that got sucked inside the heater.

Edited by desert_connect

• 2 weeks later...

I had the loud thrumming sound and was getting close to ripping the whole dash apart... when It magically stopped thrumming at high fan speeds.

Now it is just normal air noise, no problem.

Don't know what stopped the thrumming but it was unbearable.

now I just need to track down the rough road rattle coming from the far rear.

• 9 months later...