• Custom Search

Hi, I have a new Transit Connect van with no side windows. I skipped them as an option because my wife and I wanted sliding glass (with screens) that we could use for camping trips. Anybody out there have any info on availability of this type of window in the after-market?

:D

Hi, I have a new Transit Connect van with no side windows. I skipped them as an option because my wife and I wanted sliding glass (with screens) that we could use for camping trips. Anybody out there have any info on availability of this type of window in the after-market?

:D

There were some offered on E-bay. I previously posted the URL on this forum but have now lost it.

Miami, were you ever able to find the windows you were looking for?

That's the one I saw, okay. Thanks Westie.

Certainly not inexpensive at $700 for just one window. Then you can add installation to that too. Gotta be a better option for ventilation. Anyone?

The NYC Transit Connect taxi's have a window in the side sliding door. It's 2 panels and one slides back over the other.

I've thought about trying to find out if its aftermarket, or part of the TC Taxi Package. I just haven't had a chance to check.

Did you ever get the response you were looking for? I just purchased a 2010 TC and it came with sliding windows installed in the sliding doors.

They're not as large as the factory windows, but they appear to be well made and installed professionally. They're tinted, too, for privacy.

Let me know if you're still looking, admittedly not likely 3 years later, and I'll find out who makes them. :)

Hey Timbo, that sounds interesting. Since the sliders are smaller would installation require a new door?

Thanks Windguy, but do those C R Laurence windows open? It doesn't look as if they do.

Thanks Windguy, but do those C R Laurence windows open? It doesn't look as if they do.

I have no idea. I'd suggest contacting the company.

My only knowledge of this window source is from a Sprinter forum where posters have gotten aftermarket windows from them.

Best of luck.

Hey Timbo, that sounds interesting. Since the sliders are smaller would installation require a new door?

Turns out they're made by CR Laurence, and no, you don't have to replace the doors if you have a cargo van.

They slide open and have a plastic screen to keep bugs out. I've tested mine for leaks and have found none.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but this is close to what I have. http://www.amazon.com/C-R-LAURENCE-HTW20043-Horizontal-Sliding/dp/B002CXEXVK

My windows are 25" by 15" and are made of tempered glass.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Timbo

I've seen a few of these ExecuCars in my area with a sliding window in the sliding door...I'd like to find out who makes these...

post-4112-0-25195000-1428223895_thumb.jp

I put a CR Lawrence window in my full sized van and it worked real well, But i'd like to put something a little more streamed-line on my TC. Been wondering how well a sunroof would work in the sliding doors. Obviously, the sunroof would be installed sideways.

Next spring I'll retire and move to Missouri. The CR Lawrence factory will be about 100 miles away. Looks like a road trip for me to see what would work. If nothing else, I'd take the factory glued-in windows. Having a side window on the sliders would increase the safety factor a bunch.

17 hours ago, tnoll said:

Not that I can afford it anyway, but I'd like to know about the pop-top on the van in those pics, lol. Looks pretty decent when closed, anyway.