OK everyone, let's talk lowering springs for the MK2 (2014-2018).

I've found three (four) different products:

Mod Your Connect- UK based, comes out to $250 including shipping. Cheapest option.

https://www.modyourconnect.co.uk/product/myc-connect-mk2-fr-lowering-springs/

AST Lowering Springs- $350, no reviews anywhere. Fairly known brand

https://www.carid.com/ast-suspension/25mm-40mm-front-and-rear-lowering-springs-mpn-astls-17-045.html?singleid=688519468

Eibach Lowering Springs- $400, well known brand, also no reviews

https://www.vividracing.com/eibach-prokit-performance-springs-set-springs-p-152634625.html

The full coilover kit by Vmaxx-$754 includes shipping

https://www.modyourconnect.co.uk/product/v-maxx-mk2-transit-connect-coilover-kit/

Opinions? Anyone have the AST or Eibach kit can vouch for them? I probably won't opt the full kit due to cost. Thanks in advance.

Modyourconnect bits have been very popular in Europe and never read a negative review anywhere.

I don't know if you've bought lowering springs yet but I found the Eibach kit on eBay for $257:

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs E10-35-028-02-22 Ford

It ships from Poland LOL

I'm looking at lowering but that will come after replacing a front strut that's leaking and some tired rear shocks.

Why would you order that from Poland?  For parts like that, I have a local speed shop.  What I'm finding out is that most of the country does not have small, independent, speed shops.  Most of The USA is buying auto parts over-the-counter, from a chain like AutoZone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's......or ordering online from Summit Racing.  I will buy from Summit Racing, 4 Wheel Parts, Amazon, Jegs......whoever has the lowest pricing.  But if I need something immediately, and can't wait for shipping, then I am at the local speed shop, paying whatever the mark-up, because they have it in stock.

Haven't bought any yet. I might just lower the rear seeing the front is at a good height for my taste. The rear has so much preload because it's a cargo van. I hardly ever haul anything besides a mattress when I go camping, so I think I'll go for the mod your connect rear lowering springs for $160.

I have thought about lowering just the rear as well.  If you do, please send us a pic!

Hey OP, are you done lowering the rear of your TC? Post some pics when you can.

@mdarren,

I put that project on hiatus for a couple reasons:

1. funds

2. If I do lower the TC, I move out of stock class for Rallycross. I'm weighing the pros and cons on moving into the prepared class for racing. So far, signs lead towards keeping it stock. But it still appeals to me to lower the rear. 

Posted (edited)

I have a 2019 TC Wagon LWB and looking for springs. The modyourconnect site says the 2014+ do not fit a 2019. Didn't know anything suspension wise changed in the last couple years. 

Edited by bdmridgeback

modyourconnect may not have verified or updated the information.  That happens with a lot of aftermarket parts.  Check Ford.  If the OEM model number is the same, then it's the same spring.  The other option is simply to take a look.  Look under your van.  Look under an older model van.  Does it look the same?  Are the springs mounted in the same way?  

My guess is that since it's still in the same generation, the springs are the same.  There are differences, but probably not in the springs.