Ford Transit Connect Forum

MK2 Lowering Springs

OK everyone, let's talk lowering springs for the MK2 (2014-2018).

I've found three (four) different products:

Mod Your Connect- UK based, comes out to $250 including shipping. Cheapest option.

https://www.modyourconnect.co.uk/product/myc-connect-mk2-fr-lowering-springs/

AST Lowering Springs- $350, no reviews anywhere. Fairly known brand

https://www.carid.com/ast-suspension/25mm-40mm-front-and-rear-lowering-springs-mpn-astls-17-045.html?singleid=688519468

Eibach Lowering Springs- $400, well known brand, also no reviews

https://www.vividracing.com/eibach-prokit-performance-springs-set-springs-p-152634625.html

The full coilover kit by Vmaxx-$754 includes shipping

https://www.modyourconnect.co.uk/product/v-maxx-mk2-transit-connect-coilover-kit/

Opinions? Anyone have the AST or Eibach kit can vouch for them? I probably won't opt the full kit due to cost. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Why would you order that from Poland?  For parts like that, I have a local speed shop.  What I'm finding out is that most of the country does not have small, independent, speed shops.  Most of The USA is buying auto parts over-the-counter, from a chain like AutoZone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's......or ordering online from Summit Racing.  I will buy from Summit Racing, 4 Wheel Parts, Amazon, Jegs......whoever has the lowest pricing.  But if I need something immediately, and can't wait for shipping, then I am at the local speed shop, paying whatever the mark-up, because they have it in stock.

Haven't bought any yet. I might just lower the rear seeing the front is at a good height for my taste. The rear has so much preload because it's a cargo van. I hardly ever haul anything besides a mattress when I go camping, so I think I'll go for the mod your connect rear lowering springs for $160.

• 3 weeks later...

@mdarren,

I put that project on hiatus for a couple reasons:

1. funds

2. If I do lower the TC, I move out of stock class for Rallycross. I'm weighing the pros and cons on moving into the prepared class for racing. So far, signs lead towards keeping it stock. But it still appeals to me to lower the rear. 

modyourconnect may not have verified or updated the information.  That happens with a lot of aftermarket parts.  Check Ford.  If the OEM model number is the same, then it's the same spring.  The other option is simply to take a look.  Look under your van.  Look under an older model van.  Does it look the same?  Are the springs mounted in the same way?  

My guess is that since it's still in the same generation, the springs are the same.  There are differences, but probably not in the springs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 3:51 AM, Fifty150 said:

modyourconnect may not have verified or updated the information.  That happens with a lot of aftermarket parts.  Check Ford.  If the OEM model number is the same, then it's the same spring.  The other option is simply to take a look.  Look under your van.  Look under an older model van.  Does it look the same?  Are the springs mounted in the same way?  

My guess is that since it's still in the same generation, the springs are the same.  There are differences, but probably not in the springs. 

Hello Fifty150,

Thought we would join to correct your quote as it is incorrect.
The springs on the 2019 Connect have been changed. This is confirmed.
The 2019 year model is a re-designed rear suspension with spring mounts that have been re-positioned in order to give the torsion beam more pre-load. This means that there are single-rate (instead of the more complex dual-rate) coil springs on the rear and an improved ride quality thanks to the damper tuning being broadened.
The Connect 2014-2018 springs will not fit the 2019 model.
Our Gaz rear shocks take into account the updated damper tuning for the 2019 model.

Would like to say thank you for your kind words and support.

Steve and John