Ford Transit Connect Forum

2019 TC will have a 2.0 vs 2.5 liter... Thoughts?

Dogbert62

All,

I poked through the autobytel link in this forum and noticed the Ford seems to be replacing the 2.5L 4-Cyl with a 2.0L 4-Cyl

I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the updated gas engine planned for the 2019 TC..  Is it a proven motor? Will conventional wisdom hold and the reduced displacement result is lower off the line torque but better gas mileage..

I ass-u-me the the engine is already in another vehicle somewhere..  At any rate... just wondering if has thoughts on this update...

Regards

Dogbert62

Kinda sounds like a step back. Later type ones came with the 2.0 Duratec motor that rated out at 136hp. Pretty peppy little inline four that I imagine would have improved response with the newer six speed trannie ...

+1 on keeping the alcohol in the glass not in the tank.  I’m in the middle of a camping trip from Alabama thru Yellowstone and back.  In Wyoming most of the gas stations have no ethanol in premium!  I’ve been getting much better gas mileage with that fuel.  At home the gaslight goes on at 140 miles.  Yesterday it didn’t go on till 220 Miles.  I did have a good bit of slower riding in the Tetons so that helped as well.  Oh, must say I’m on my BMW F800GT motorcycle.  I’m thinking the gas blend plus the lack of ethanol is what’s making a difference.  I also found out what chip tar is.

5 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

I’m thinking the gas blend plus the lack of ethanol is what’s making a difference.

Huge difference.  I use CA Reformulated Gasoline, which is a special blend of clean air additives, E-10, high price, & low mileage.  With CA fuel, nobody gets the EPA estimate on the new car sticker.  According to GasBuddy.com, Hawaii has the highest fuel price in the country.  California is No. 2.  

Corporate mandates to engineering to start with something you already produce and tweak it slightly. Design changes the outside appearance by making horizontal lines vertical lines and marketing calls it something new and improved. Production reduces cost by reducing labor's wages and purchasing buys cheaper parts to go in it. Marketing convinces the customer that it is now worth three times what you paid last year and sales sells it for twice the price of last year convincing the customer that they got an awesome deal. Bottom line increases thereby increasing bonuses paid to corporate executives. Shampoo, rinse and repeat.

15 minutes ago, Fifty150 said:

In the USA, the closest thing that we have to royalty is The Burger King.  Very few people here understand loyalty to royalty.  I personally prefer The Colonel's chicken.

Are you quite sure. There's Royalty and loyalty to Royalty in local scale never seen before:

time-magazine-cover-imagines-donald-trum

50 minutes ago, Fifty150 said:

You have to love politics.  It makes the world entertaining.  How did Putin win that last election by such a large margin?

El what?

BTW: you posted the same image as I did.

Edited by mrtn