wood

Wind Deflectors for Sliding Doors

Has anyone had any success finding wind deflectors for all 4 windows on the transit connect? I have seen images of all four windows with them but I can't seem to find them anywhere to purchase unless it specifically says for SWB. I have a 2015 Ford Transit Connect XLT LWB. Are the windows different sizes in the sliding doors on the SWB and LWB?? I can't find that information either. 

Wife can't even find "insert" type deflectors for the front windows.  I don't have rear side windows, so don't need those.  But the only deflectors we can find, period, are tape on types.

I haven't looked, myself, but Wife is very adept at finding things.

Did you ever find rear door window deflectors for your LWB? I'm in the same boat, can't find anything but the SWB. I've asked multiple dealers and none have been able to answer me.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:51 AM, Mike Chell said:

Wife can't even find "insert" type deflectors for the front windows.

Front windows

• WeatherTech 80751 Side Window Deflector
Roll over image to zoom in

WeatherTech 80751 Side Window Deflector

Price: $72.58 & FREE Shipping

I got my WeatherTech off of Amazon.

4 hours ago, Booner said:

I got my WeatherTech off of Amazon.

Got any pictures of them installed?

I got the Deflectors from ford. The front ones blew off, but the rear door deflectors are hanging in there so far!

3 hours ago, Mike Chell said:

Got any pictures of them installed?

This is how they look from the inside:  Notice how the window is cracked about 2" along the top?

image.thumb.png.67616110e33c386118f7c30c728953a7.png

I just talked to Weather Tech about 2 weeks ago and they did not know when the rear windows would be made. They are supposed to contact me if and when they plan on producing them. I just bought a set of WT in-channel deflectors from ebay.

I have some similar ones on my pickup and overall I like them but at about 75mph they start sounding like D string on a bass guitar. Harmonic governor perhaps.

I have in-channel deflectors  also. They have a clean look which I like.

Would have preferred a set of WT deflecters, but at $70-$100Cdn for set of 2, I'll pass.  Instead I chose DIY sliding-door (LWB) vents.

Used modified alumnum soffit vents [with built-in screens] that are very easy to install/remove. Louvers are rain-resistant & screens make them bug-resistant. Secure ventilation for summer for my pet.  Total cost about $12-$15 Cdn [materials, glue, paint].

Note that I'm on limited budget and NOT a craftsman, and care about function over cosmetics.