Ford Transit Connect Forum

New kid on the block....saying HI

wileyone123

Recently picked up my 1st Ford product(ever)....a 15 Connect Passenger...Panther Black Metallic. Fairly clean with 106K.

Planning on using it for my Locksmith business and retrofitting the rear interior to fit my needs....and thus looking for others suggestions/images etc.

Much depends if you want/need to keep the rear seats.  Lots of ideas & help on this forum.  You may even want to look at the camper conversions for storage ideas.  Just be careful of ford's "so-called" customer {NON?} service!!   All the best.

Im sorry, i didnt realize there was a difference....mine is a Transit Connect....by all means, if U hv a link or pics of a Ford Connect, id like to see them and educate myself a bit more.

Mine is the LWB Passenger. both rear(3rd row) seats removed already, and shelving replacing them. I May remove the 60% 2nd row seat also....not sure yet.

Planning on putting in a Work station w a small vise....for holding and rekeying locks etc.....not to mention power inverter and LED lighting etc.

I wanted a Passenger version cuz i didnt want a Tin-can traveling down the road with all the Noises etc that often come from it......Passenger is carpeted and a headliner etc....with Rear Heat/A/C....making my Office a lot more comfy!

Edited by wileyone123
clarification

Transit

Transit Custom

Transit Connect or Toureno Connect

These models are often confused. 

Congratulations on your new van. I think starting with the passenger version is a good idea unless you are going to use it solely for industrial purposes.

4 minutes ago, G B L said:

You EU guys are lucky way more choice!

Mine rolled 100K this week end.

Congrats on the anniversary. We do have more choice but most of it is diesel. I want the 2.0 Ecoboost so much ?

Can't say anything about the newer models, but 2016 - 2018 offered 1.6 Ecoboost (IE: Turbo) or 2.5 non-turbo.  What the ads "conveniently" forget to mention except in "micro-print" is that turbo's NEED PREMIUM fuel {$$$} and more pricey oil. Toss in added maintenance costs and turbos are NOT so great !   My 2016 LWB wgn with 2.5 non-turbo has all the power I need even when towing 1300-1400 lb tent-trailer at highway speed AGAINST the wind.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:50 PM, mrtn said:

They do offer it in the US

It's a 2 .0 here but not an echo boost.  only 162 Hp Less than my 2.5 with less torque.  A  2.0 Echo boost with 200-220 Hp would be what I would want if they upped the internal parts to take the stress.

Edited by G B L

19 hours ago, mrtn said:

1.6 Ecoboost does not require premium. Regular is fine.

95 octane (RON) is the lowest grade you can get over here.

IMG_20200701_114400.jpg

I don't know where you're located, but here in Canada regular grade is 85 octane and 95  IS considered as "premium". And I notice that in your photo of fuel filler it is clearly called "Super Premium"  !!

Edited by Gideon
correction

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

I don't know where you're located, but here in Canada regular grade is 85 octane and 95  IS considered as "premium". And I notice that in your photo of fuel filler it is clearly called "Super Premium"  !!

I'm in Europe. We have a different octane determination method (RON). North America uses MON, which is 8-12 numbers lower for the same fuel. My flap list includes all acceptable grades.