• Custom Search

CHRAVIS_

MOUNTING WINCH INSIDE TC / HELP

YO! I'm going to be mounting a small winch on the interior of my TC to do the legwork of pulling my carts up some ramps- I'm just wondering where the most secure mounting point would be. The winch is a 2500lb harbor freight winch and would be pulling ~500lb on the absolute high end. 

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks y'all! 

-TRAVIS

You'll need three anchor points anyway. A beam across the partition fixed to the B-pillars and partition in the middle.

Thanks @mrtn! I'm messing with it next week- I'll keep everyone updated!

Assuming you have a cargo van.

In my 2016 LWB, I removed the mat covering the cargo area,exposing the area where the foot well would be for 2nd row seating.(search this site for descriptions)

After removing the filler pieces,you will see numerous threaded holes (aprox 5/16 or 3/8 but metric) that would be seat,seatbelt or tie down mounting points for 2nd row seats.

There are threaded holes on the B pillars(partition mounting points??) but I would be extremely hesitant to put any stress on an area that could affect door operation

Depending on the anticipated load,your bracket would have to incorporate multiple mounting points .

The cargo mat provides a lot  of noise suppression so I installed a plywood floor over the mat.

@JackGrimshaw Nice! Thanks for the info- I'll take a peek when we mess about with it this evening!