Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 TC Rear Blower Motor

manumit

I've got a 2014 TC wagon and the blower fan for the rear seats is in the process of dying. I've read through the abysmal thread about heating the rear of this model and while it didn't make me feel very good about my recent purchase of the vehicle I think the rear heat will work better with a functional blower motor than without it. My question is where can I find take apart directions? Also is there any difference in blower motors from front to rear? I can't find a "rear" specific blower motor so I'm hoping that they are the same part.

It sounds like it is in the dash below the steering column, but I'd rather not take things off that don't need to be removed. 

Does anyone have a recommended source for a shop manual for my vehicle?

Here is a link to where you can purchase a service manual.  I'm going to do it but waiting till I need it or the van is out of warranty.  There are two versions, the more expensive one has hyperlinks which would be very nice as well as additional connector info (what they say).  Not sure what that means.  Does it have the pinouts for the connectors?  Not sure.

https://www.factory-manuals.com/expand-ford-transit-connect-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-factory-repair-manual-344.html

You might take the Rear air filter and check for debris in the fan this could be the cause of the motor problems.  The two blower are completely different parts and the parts diagram at Fordparts.com should provide a number and diagram.

The factory manual from the site that PhotoAl references is a very good value.

1 hour ago, manumit said:

I've got 3 kids and the possibility of a peanut or cracker getting wedged somewhere it shouldn't is fairly high. I'm getting a service manual anyway.

With kids all things are possible. And it is always a good idea to have a service manual laying around. 

6 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

LEGOs hurt when you step on them.

Little metal airplanes are even worse than legos. I've developed a serious case of dad shuffle. The static build-up is downright dangerous this time of year, but it keeps me from putting pointy little things into the soles of my foot.

The manual is available from the web sight and is a pdf version of the  factory manual.   The cost is reasonable and the pdf is very complete.

When you purchase  you give the vin of your TC and it is set up for your  vehicle with a complete Line ticket.

https://www.factory-manuals.com/expand-ford-transit-connect-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-factory-repair-manual-344.html

Edited by G B L

On 1/13/2018 at 6:09 AM, manumit said:

@zalienz Which manual are your screenshots from?

They are from Helm, Inc, the original equipment manufacturer Ford contracted to use for service manuals. It was not cheap, at $177.00 for the service manual on DVD - ROM and includes complete wiring schematics. But, this is what the Ford service technicians use, and as a service technician myself, IMHO it is the best resource. You can browse the info here and choose for yourself. I try to share these photos when I find the time to visit here to help others, like yourself.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_service_owner.asp?Style=helm&class_2=FRD

Cheers!

Then the manual information I purchased as a PDf down load must come from the same place because the Illustrations and wiring information is the same. 

If you get the Deluxe edition you get some hyperlinks  with more info.

GBL,

I think the Helm version is slightly better. I can tell mine (factory-manual version) has undergone some type of format conversion because there is a slight resolution loss compared to the Helm version.  This is not a problem and I am satisfied with the factory-manual version but knowing the difference, I probably would have bought the Helm.