Jump to content
   
Tiller

What goes here?

Recommended Posts

Right behind the shifter, on the climate control panel there are two switches on the drivers side of the midline.  They are switches for the defrosters.

To the right of the midline in the same spot is an identical space for two switches but in mine there is dummy cover there instead.

What optional equipment gets installed here?

I can see switches installed in Don's pic but I can't make out what they are for.

I'd like to but switches in here and use the owner installed mods.   You can see where I'm talking about in the pic.

 

 

trn16_pg_005_int_med.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   

Left half of the right space is reserved for "Auto Start-Stop ON/OFF" switch. I have seen this button in a showroom TC. It has a capital A in a circle, like ®

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mrtn said:

Left half of the right space is reserved for "Auto Start-Stop ON/OFF" switch. I have seen this button in a showroom TC. It has a capital A in a circle, like ®

What is it Auto stopping and starting?  :-)

Tiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  I tried to get to that video but it was via the Ford site.  It kept telling me it wasn't applicable to my car. :-)

Now I gotta figure out what the second button there is for.

Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Front parking sensor off button I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you imagine if you did that manually?  I don't see turning the engine on & off repeatedly as something I would want to do.  But it must be great for posting those MPG numbers on the window sticker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:)

Apparently there's a TRAC OFF button for the base model with no LCD screen.
Which we all should have, actually. The checkbox deep in the cluster menu is retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2016 at 6:14 PM, mrtn said:

:)

Apparently there's a TRAC OFF button for the base model with no LCD screen.
Which we all should have, actually. The checkbox deep in the cluster menu is retarded.

I see you found the on off and I Agree we all should have the switch and it should be one button on the wheel.

It would be nice to see if the Starters for the On off system are more robust.

Edited by G B L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2016 at 5:40 AM, Tiller said:

Right behind the shifter, on the climate control panel there are two switches on the drivers side of the midline.  They are switches for the defrosters.

To the right of the midline in the same spot is an identical space for two switches but in mine there is dummy cover there instead.

What optional equipment gets installed here?

I can see switches installed in Don's pic but I can't make out what they are for.

Here are some pics from my German Tourneo. 

The start-stop feature works pretty well believe it or not. The restart is quite smooth compared to some cars I've driven over here.

 

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the pictures!  I want to see if maybe I can get some of those switches and wire them up for aux. lighting.  Now I kind of know what I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

Tiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tiller said:

Thanks for the pictures!  I want to see if maybe I can get some of those switches and wire them up for aux. lighting.  Now I kind of know what I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

Tiller

I don't know one way or the other, but sometimes things like this end up not being switches, but just circuit boards, so good luck. 

Also, there's the Euro headlight switch with extra buttons:

IMG_0139.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We discussed this in another thread. The Euro switch includes the rear fog light and headlight angle adjuster knob. They ditched both for US market. No point of swapping it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mrtn said:

We discussed this in another thread. The Euro switch includes the rear fog light and headlight angle adjuster knob. They ditched both for US market. No point of swapping it.

The OP was looking for ways to run some aux lighting... Are you saying this isn't worth looking into?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If to use this just as a switch for aux lighting, sure. I doubt the beam adjuster knob would work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2016 at 10:22 AM, JewDee said:

 

 

On 10/18/2016 at 1:10 PM, Tiller said:

Thanks for the pictures!  I want to see if maybe I can get some of those switches and wire them up for aux. lighting.  Now I kind of know what I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

Tiller

Even if you can't locate those switches or figure out how to suit them to your needs, it is still a very good place for extra switches.  All sorts of toggle type switches could be installed in that location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2016 at 7:38 PM, Fifty150 said:

 

Even if you can't locate those switches or figure out how to suit them to your needs, it is still a very good place for extra switches.  All sorts of toggle type switches could be installed in that location.

Yes. I think I could even take the current blanks that are in there and drill them for either for a toggle switch or push-button style switch.  I like the small toggle switch idea as it would put less force impact on the plastic blanks then a push-button style.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What plans do you have for lighting? Unlike the trucks and vans of yesteryear, there aren't smooth flat surfaces to use as mounting points.  And anything forward from the hood will just get knocked off when someone backs into the van as they are parking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/26/2016 at 1:56 PM, Fifty150 said:

What plans do you have for lighting? Unlike the trucks and vans of yesteryear, there aren't smooth flat surfaces to use as mounting points.  And anything forward from the hood will just get knocked off when someone backs into the van as they are parking. 

Sorry, I haven't been back in awhile.  :-(

I haven't yet decided on what lights I'll add.  Since I will use this for search and rescue I'm probably going to have some type of exterior lighting for area lighting which will probably be mounted in some manner to the roof rack.  I'll also have some extra interior lighting and an inverter.  So I might use these as maybe master shut-offs.

I'm just now beginning to start working on mods.  Been researching and evaluating right now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tiller said:

 

 

I will use this for search and rescue 

 

There's only one option.  

 

http://www.unityusa.com/X385-6-dia-X-LED-Rooflight-30-watt-Chrome_p_2771.html

 

X385 6" dia. X-LED Rooflight, 30 watt, Chrome
00d : 12h : 49m : 10s
 

X385 6" dia. X-LED Rooflight, 30 watt, Chrome

 
 
On sale$460.13
Retail Price:$676.66
Your Savings:$216.53(32%)
 
Made to Order: Allow for Production Time
 
 
Part Number:X385
 
X385%20X-LED%20Rooflight%20Chrome.jpg
 
 
 
 

 

X385 6" dia. X-LED Rooflight, 30 watt, Chrome
X385%20X-LED%20Rooflight%20Chrome.jpg
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe... I'll definitely look at them.

Thanks for all the ideas!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The City has outfitted our Rangers with Transit Connects.......equipped with spotlights.  They used the traditional a-pillar mount.  You can probably do the same thing.

 

I ran into a couple of them today, as I was on my way home.  I was still wearing uniform pants, with a regular jacket covering my shirt.  The girl driving the first vehicle said, "how did you get a new one, and unmarked?"  

 

It didn't occur to her that I was driving my own car, not a city vehicle.

KIMG0583.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×