mike56

Transmission fluid change

The difficult part is driving the car down the hallway, and through the apartment door.  Fellow tenants are already reporting it, every time that I do that with my Harley.  Property management posted a notice in the laundry room, stating that tenants are not allowed to rev their V-Twins after 9 o'clock.  My burnouts in the hallways has already done a number on the high tread carpeting.  

It is a unique location.  There is a flock of hundreds of wild parrots, which became the subject of a movie.  The Peregrine Falcons that live in the area provide a side show when they hunt the pigeons.  Coyotes keep the raccoon & feral cat population in check, as well as toy breed dogs that the rich ladies like to flaunt.  Animal Care & Control officers have told me that local surveillance cameras have picked up a mountain lion in the area.  Strange that the dog catchers in this town also have badges, guns, and powers of arrest.  

This is why it is so hard to park a truck, a van, and a motorcycle in the neighborhood.  Entire blocks that are "Law Enforcement Vehicle Only".  Then the protestors occupy the block.  I reserve my own opinions on national security, borders, et cetera.  No place on this forum for that type of discussion.  I'm just upset about them at my front door.  Streets are closed off to through traffic..  Hundreds of parking spaces are lost.

3D530ABE8D5E4E28AB5537CD78B047AE.jpgoccupyicesf_raid.jpg1024x1024.jpgoccupyicesf_barricade.jpg

We'll leave the politics out ... as you said, no place here.

But why is it that these types of protesters always leave such a mess behind?

Posted (edited)

I am just glad that they did not break windows, set cars on fire, loot, rape, and pillage.  Grocery store only 1 block away would have been ruined. My cars and motorcycle would not be covered by insurance.  Read your policy. Acts of God, war, civil disobedience, during the course of a crime (which you are committing).......I don't want to be raped. 

Edited by Fifty150

8 hours ago, Mike Chell said:
8 hours ago, Mike Chell said:

We'll leave the politics out ... as you said, no place here.

But why is it that these types of protesters always leave such a mess behind?

Protesters on all sides of every issue do the same. Right and left. Nobody is actually from here.  Arrest records indicate residence is always a suburb. They come to the city, and feel righteous in their cause. Then disrupt our lives and leave a mess. I want to organize a group to haul the garbage back to where they live, and dump it on their front yard.  So far, nobody else has joined me.

2 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

....I don't want to be raped. 

LOL  Yeah ... one of those fates that would be "worse than death".

The fake news only reports what they want you to believe.  I hate when news personalities interview other personalities.  No fact whatsoever. Just reinforcing their own opinions.  Talking heads. At least when Anthony Bourdain ran his mouth, he was actually in the front line.  I respected that he was actually in Vietnam, to have noodles with Barack Obama.

My front line observation is that upper middle class people from the suburbs trashed my block.  Not immigrants who only wish for the same American dream that we are all a part of.  Those immigrants were hard at work, with 2 or 3 jobs, sending money home to support their families. Hoping and wishing that one day, their kids could have a chance at what we take for granted.......clean water, education, and fast food.  

KIMG2044.thumb.JPG.2b3af00354358e6ee8544575937dd9fe.JPGKIMG2043.thumb.JPG.67cef33b6a766fb25c805795081e6b84.JPG

Today, we are back to normal.  Clear street, with just a cop hanging out in his 97 Crown Victoria.  Yuuup!  In this city, they still drive 20 year old cars, with who knows how many millions of miles on them.