Ford Transit Connect Forum

Low Power/sputtering

Booster Buggy

2014 Transit connect 2.5 cyl...TC was running fine shut it off ran in for a coffee come out and as soon as i started it the information center chimed with 2 messages. Engine fault service engine soon, Hill assist not available as well as engine light came on and the stability light(car with skid marks). Now it will ide fine but as soon as you try to accelerate it has no power and spudders. any suggestions?

just waiting until Monday to get it in for codes, When it is running and I uncheck the traction control in the information center it automatically puts the check mark back but if I do it while it's not running the other light comes on with the word off under it but as soon as I start it  automatically goes back to the light(car with skid marks) with no off under it and stays on solid

I would get the hill assist not available message when there was a communication error on the high speed can bus. My error was caused by a obdII app trying to read some PCM data continuously. Maybe there is a communication problem? CEL and DTC codes should help.

I would read codes and look to see if low voltage is among them, could be something totally different or could be a voltage dip during starting if your battery is getting weak.    

My MIL had a problem with her Lincoln MKC (a cousin), the traction control off message was showing up.  Dealer said ABS was off in addition to TC.  Turned out they needed to reset the module.  In her car it was set off by low voltage due to a battery replacement (car was new but sat on lot and battery went dead).  When they fixed it something was said about there was a software issue Ford was working to resolve, something about hers not having all the options and therefore the module didn't reset properly and threw a fault.  Not sure how the dealer reset the module but it was a simple procedure with their diagnostic/software package.  The list of codes thrown was pretty long but one of them was low voltage - I read the codes with Forescan and my interface.  I was reluctant to do anything other than read codes as it was a new vehicle - a week after purchase.