Spotted yesterday on Topanga Canyon Blvd. in Los Angeles   🤣

5150.jpg

I thought that everyone knew, that I only lie about owning a F-150.  It's really a lifted Camaro.  And I drink New Coke versus Old Coke.

Image result for lifted camaroImage result for new coke

Paddles and mudders - it's like that Camaro can't decide whether it should play in the sand or the mud, haha. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

I thought that everyone knew, that I only lie about owning a F-150.  It's really a lifted Camaro.  And I drink New Coke versus Old Coke.

Not everyone. Just LostInTransit/T0astervan or any of the gazillion identities he uses for picking fights in various fora. Or was it someone else?

Edited by mrtn

Okay, so we all have an idea of what a "bro" truck is.  How do we turn a Transit Connect into a "bro" van?

Just turn it, bro, it'll be great.

Some of the requirements for a bro truck is 8+ inch lift kit with small 33-35" tires on large 20-22" diameter rims that are 14" wide. Lift kit isn't really an option on a TC, nor are 33" tires or wide wheels. Maybe some 15x12" wheels with the shortest & widest tires you can find would make a Bro TC that could turn around in 40 acres? But it would look more like the stance crowd than bro truck, IMO.

Disabled transportation vans have custom spacers between the top of the strut, and the strut mount.  Rear suspension will take a longer coil spring and shocks.  Then as many airbags as you can fit, to smooth out the ride.  Top off with shiny, spinning hubcaps. Or custom Foose Design wheels.   We could start there.  

8 hours ago, jrm223 said:

Some of the requirements for a bro truck is 8+ inch lift kit with small 33-35" tires on large 20-22" diameter rims that are 14" wide.

I've only got a 6" lift kit.  My wheels are OEM size 17".  I've got to get back to the drawing board.  

7 hours ago, Double Nickels said:

Disabled transportation vans have custom spacers between the top of the strut, and the strut mount.

I actually looked into that also.  Pretty neat how they build those.

IMG_20190526_104212088.thumb.jpg.28fa4cef44f57eecaa13885aa6e9be41.jpgIMG_20190526_104340793.thumb.jpg.4c1c92a3b838081dd689cd5f5b719f93.jpg

Nah, there's too much sidewall on those tires, haha. Here's a good example of a Chevy bro truck. My van has more mud on it right now than this Chevy will ever see in it's life, lol.

Bro_Chevy.jpg

Just looking out at the truck & van parked out on the street.  Just doesn't look like my truck is cool enough to qualify as a "bro truck".  I don't have enough bling, lift, or the other things that would qualify.  And actually looking at it; it's not really that much of a difference in size between the pickup & Transit Connect.  

IMG_20190612_100815176.thumb.jpg.2249e598e5bdddee33225f90d24f2dcc.jpg

IMO, you ought to be thankful that it doesn't qualify as a stupid "bro truck", haha. Ridiculous fad that I can't wait to go away! 

just what everyone needs  -  A truck where you have to carry around a stepladder to get into and out of it.  Very practical

There ought to be a law where bumpers must match up, at least somewhat, rather than a bumper that takes out the windshield on a normal car when they collide

Don

Most states do have frame & bumper height laws, amongst others like headlight & taillight heights, mud flaps, etc. 

6 hours ago, jrm223 said:

Ridiculous fad that I can't wait to go away! 

Not sure it's going away.  As a kid, I remember reruns on television: a bounty hunter with a lifted truck.    I'm not Colt Seavers.  That was a bro truck.  

Note that the bounty hunter's lifted truck catches sportbikes like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by mrtn