Ford Transit Connect Forum

Question about stereo swap

Ronzara

My 2015 TC cargo has barebones stereo. 
am/fm/aux. no Cd, Sirius, nav, phone... nothing. 
question is if I bought a 2015 dash panel with a better system, would it be compatable? Would my wiring harness have the connections needed for the other components, or am I SOL? ???‍♂️

Thanks but I think you’ve missed the point of my question. 
I realize aftermarket kits and wiring is available but that’s not the route I want to go. 
The question is: 

if I bought a different tc console from a salvage yard  ( equipped with cd and Sirius) would it plug in to my existing harness and function??

see pics:

the 1st one is the system I have in the dash, the 2nd is what I want to replace it with. I’m hoping it is play and play. ??‍♂️

587FE110-23E6-44CC-9DE6-7D8E052F73E1.jpeg

42479B7D-293E-4D19-892E-5845ACF763A4.jpeg

Oh, got it. I have the same one as your old one (with USB & BT tho) and when I added crossovers to mine the harness was empty for the most part. There was no extra wiring in the car side, just the minimum necessary for my HU. I know nothing about Sirius but you may need to add an extra antenna wire.

This type of upgrade is possible but complicated. You may need to add SYNC which involves modules and programming. Sat radio needs a separate antenna. Your project would be hampered by a lack of info or support on the internet because this upgrade is very uncommon.

The cheapest solution is an aftermarket head unit.

Personally, I prefer to make things easy on myself, so I just use a Sirius XM add-on radio plugged into the AUX port in my center console (2015 XL cargo). Back when I "bought" this radio, S/XM included the full radio & car kit (Stratus 6, in my case) free with the subscription purchase. I've actually had this radio since about 2012 and transferred it across several vehicles over that time. Looks like their current free model is the Onyx EZR here: S/XM Onyx EZR kit, free with 6-month subscription