Ford Transit Connect Forum

Center console very hot when heat is on.

ServicePlus

This is the first winter I've had with the 2015 TC I bought this spring. When I have the heat on the center console gets VERY hot, to the point it is uncomfortable to put my leg up against it. 

Is this normal?

I did have a repair done a few months back, some kind of bushing had to be replaced, part of the gear shift linkage, it would not shift out of park. I don't know if they had to take the console apart or not to replace this, but I'm wondering if they did, possibly something didn't get put back together properly? 

I seem to recall a post from somebody a year or so ago with a heating issue and it turned out that a piece of ducting leading to the rear was missing. It was letting the air blow out under the front instead of making it all the way to the rear discharge vents. I seem to recall some photos or diagrams of the ducting being shown. It's possible a duct section got knocked loose during your earlier work and the heat is collecting under the center console instead of blowing into the cab. I'll try to find the post and I will add a link if I do.

Edit: Found it, here's the photo and the link:

Right heat duct small with text.jpg

Edited by DonShockley

2 hours ago, ServicePlus said:

Mine is the cargo version, sorry should have posted that. 

So just to clarify, it is not normal for the center console to get this hot? 

No, it's not normal. Since you have a cargo version, your problem is most likely the same as what I experienced. Refer to my post for service info.

Please report back after you have the problem fixed.