• Custom Search

Banjeed

Battery recommendations?

The winter took it's toll on my '14 Titanium's battery.  Seeing as Ford decided to mount these things under a rock on the moon, I wanted to ask if any of you recommend or unrecommend replacement batteries before I take the engine apart.

Ditto here. Mine was cranking slow and gave up the ghost when it dipped below zero. Jump started it and drove to the local dealership, and drove out half an hour later with a shiny new battery. Weird size, so options are limited if you want a tight fit. There's also a bunch of crap on top of the battery I figured was best left to the pros ...

battery-isolator.jpg

(Connections for the inverter, and I have no idea what the plug is for. Direct AC connect for camping maybe? Was a commercial van and that's how I got it.)

Not cheap at $160, but I've paid more. My Auroras battery is under the rear seat and has special vapor recovery built in which adds to the cost.

I've been wanting to upgrade the battery on my '16 since I've added some upgrades to the sound system and added auxiliary lighting. My first instinct is to look for an Optima. Unfortunately there are no applications for our van. Odyssey makes an AGM that fits our van, though. I've never heard of them before, and Autozone sells them for $250. I'm curious if the Odyssey brand is legit or not. Otherwise, almost any standard battery from your favorite parts stores (Autozone, Advanced, etc) will suffice.

Here is info on what will fit

Thanks guys, I'm going with a Diehard AGM.  Picking up today and installing this weekend.  Will report back if anything sucks about it.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, i86hotdogs said:

My first instinct is to look for an Optima.

Me too. 

Because mine is a Diesel it comes with an 80Ah/800cca AGM and it was murder to fit a new one, Once fitted I had nothing to lose so I played around with the old one I took out and I manage to get it to come back to life, Now it holds better Voltage than the New One, Go Figure, LOL.

And now with the other Deep Cycle batteries I have enough power to run a small House.