Atomb

Gas Tank Capacity

New (to me) 2016 LWB Titanium here.  I've filled up the tank twice with the low fuel light on and only got 12.5 gallons to fit.  Is the tank 15.8 gallons?  or is the capless fuel cap shutting me down early.  The gas gauge says full but i'd rather know i've got 15 gallons in there instead of 12.

The low fuel light tends to give you fifty miles.  If you fill the tank and the light just came on you would have about 3 gallons left and that would be about right.

The 'Miles to Empty' display is pretty much spot on in our van  -  When the light comes on, it usually says 60 or 65 miles to empty and I can drive 50 miles or more and a then a fill up takes close to the published amount.  It can be a bit un-nerving to drive so far with the light on, but so long as the display says you're good, there's no worry

Don

Edited by Beta Don

It even lets you know that you're getting bad mileage.

KIMG0253.JPG

I usually fill up when the light first comes on or just before.  Usually around 12-12.5 gallons.  I wish the tank held 2-3 gallons more.

Got +250 mile range with the LPG =)

Kyle  -  If you're filling up with 12 to 12.5 gallons, your wish is granted!!  You do have 2 to 3 gallons more . . . . actually nearly 4 gallons more.  The tank holds 15.8, so no need to refuel with only 12 or 13 gallons

Don

3 hours ago, Beta Don said:

Kyle  - 

no need to refuel with only 12 or 13 gallons

Just make sure that you get some gas before your readout says 0 mi to E