Ford Transit Connect Forum

Why Did My TC Come With a Cargo Divider?

I was looking through one of the ford parts sites, and that divider is hundreds of dollars if you were to order it later, so don't throw it out! :drool:

That video shows that maybe, just maybe, there are good mounting points hiding in the roof structure of the van, hiding behind the headliner. I hope so, because I really want to be able to hang stuff from above (say, when camping) and my van doesn't even have a coat hanger in the back seat area...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, I've been looking again for the coat hook parts... And there are indeed part numbers for the moulding and cover for the upper bar of the cargo net to go into. From the (admittedly, CGI) video, it looks like the actual mount for the bar is in the reinforcing rail along the edge of the roof. See the following parts diagram from fordparts.com. What I don't know (for both the coat hook and the cargo net mount) is if the roof rail has the right mounts even if the headliner doesn't come with the holes to use them. If so, it should be fairly trivial to cut holes in the factory headliner and add these parts.

Just a warning, a replacement headliner is about a thousand dollars(!), so you've gotta be damn sure before you break out the cutter...

RenderIllustration.ashx.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...