Ford Transit Connect Forum

Modifications for new 2015

First post and a new owner of a LWB XLT. Few questions. The more I read on here, and the more I search, I've come to the conclusion there almost zero aftermarket products for these suckers. No intakes, exhaust, grill inserts, smoked tail lights, etc. But the first thing I'd like to do is is lower it and put rims on it. So first, is there a way to lower a Conncect? And second, what is a good rim size for these, or what sizes should I be looking for? (sizes, offset, etc) My cars never stay stock looking, and this Connect is hopefully going to be no different. Thanks in advance.

Edited by LikeToTurnLeft

give these boys an email, they have 100 connect vans soon to be converted in to m-sport spec, which will be lowered..

a few of the tuning companies in the uk are now starting to fabricate goodies for these cracking vans.. as they are becoming more popular.. theyve not long been out

https://www.facebook.com/vansportuk?fref=ts

First post and a new owner of a LWB XLT. Few questions. The more I read on here, and the more I search, I've come to the conclusion there almost zero aftermarket products for these suckers. No intakes, exhaust, grill inserts, smoked tail lights, etc. But the first thing I'd like to do is is lower it and put rims on it. So first, is there a way to lower a Conncect? And second, what is a good rim size for these, or what sizes should I be looking for? (sizes, offset, etc) My cars never stay stock looking, and this Connect is hopefully going to be no different. Thanks in advance.

congrats on your new TC.

Is it a cargo or wagon model?

What do you use the TC for?

I'm okay with whatever you decide to do with your TC but please don't call it a toaster. One piece of burnt toast is all this forum can handle.

Funny in that I'd like to have the ability to raise the TC, not lower it more, but only as a temporary adjustment. I'd like to do this for possible light off road use.

I would think that Ford kept the ground clearance to a minimum in order to improve fuel economy. If you add a bunch of passengers to a wagon version or lots of cargo to the cargo model then the van is naturally going to sag lower. I wouldn't want to change that dynamic beyond the specs in fear of safety and handling issues. That would shift a huge liability burden to the person making the mods. But, that's just me talking. Keep us posted on what you customize and please include lots of pics. Best of luck!

Sorry. Yes, it's a cargo. 100% used for work. I'm a mobile graphics installer. Everything from changing out backlit ads at the local mall to hanging banners off the side of buildings to car wraps. And yes. My Connect will not be white for long. I actually ordered a black one that was going to be here in Feb. But ultimintaly caved into the 0% interest rate offer for the 2015s. I have the wrap designed up already in Gloss Orange and metallic silver with carbon fiber accents. Black rims will be soon after. That's why I was asking about lowering. I have the vision of this cool looking van, not your standard Transit. Like the post above of the ones in Europe. I love that. If I'm going to be in it all day, might as well love what you drive.

Edited by LikeToTurnLeft

Sorry. Yes, it's a cargo. 100% used for work. I'm a mobile graphics installer. Everything from changing out backlit ads at the local mall to hanging banners off the side of buildings to car wraps. And yes. My Connect will not be white for long. I actually ordered a black one that was going to be here in Feb. But ultimintaly caved into the 0% interest rate offer for the 2015s. I have the wrap designed up already in Gloss Orange and metallic silver with carbon fiber accents. Black rims will be soon after. That's why I was asking about lowering. I have the vision of this cool looking van, not your standard Transit. Like the post above of the ones in Europe. I love that. If I'm going to be in it all day, might as well love what you drive.

sounds like the perfect van for your business. I'm sure Ford would love to use your pimped van as a marketing tool. Perhaps you can contact them regarding that.

those colors are very cool. can't wait to see pics of the conversion.

the fact that you're going to be driving the van all day, ride comfort and driveability would be paramount to me, so keep that in mind in any mods you do. If you have to slow down to a crawl every time you cross a low point in the road to avoid ripping off your air dam then that would be a big hassle.

please keep us posted on your progress

special request - a time lapse video of the van being wrapped would be awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going through the same thing right now with mine. I've found that Gaz shocks makes a coil over kit in the UK. I'm trying to add air suspension and hoping for a bolt on kit. Shawn at ejudged.com who has a 2014 bagged TC that he did for the SEMA show said he went through Airlift and was sent front struts from a Mazda3 kit that were direct bolt on and universal bags for the rear. He told me to contact Corey Rosser at Airlift who worked on his application. I sent an email yesterday and waiting for a response on the specifics. Also check out Vanstyle.co.uk.

I'm going through the same thing right now with mine. I've found that Gaz shocks makes a coil over kit in the UK. I'm trying to add air suspension and hoping for a bolt on kit. Shawn at ejudged.com who has a 2014 bagged TC that he did for the SEMA show said he went through Airlift and was sent front struts from a Mazda3 kit that were direct bolt on and universal bags for the rear. He told me to contact Corey Rosser at Airlift who worked on his application. I sent an email yesterday and waiting for a response on the specifics. Also check out Vanstyle.co.uk.

The OP, LikeToTurnLeft, wants to lower his van. I'd like the option to be able to raise mine when needed.

I'm guessing you're in the same camp, wanting to add some lift, right?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/16/2015 at 9:03 AM, LikeToTurnLeft said:

The more I read on here, and the more I search, I've come to the conclusion there almost zero aftermarket products for these suckers. No intakes, exhaust, grill inserts, smoked tail lights, etc.

I installed the stainless grille dress up kit  -  Not the same as replacing the grille I know, but IMO it  made a big change in the 'look'

Don