• Custom Search

SHEP

Recall on 2014 transit connect

Has anyone got a recall notice on a 2014 transit connect yet?

Bringing mine in Saturday. Has something to do with the routing of the fuel lines and a leak over time.

Got my notice today

Received mine last week. Called the stealership today and they had no idea what was going on.

I hope they figure it out by Thursday.

Yes, got mine and recall was performed and luckily, my vehicle was okay but they found another issue which will probably result in another recall.

Yes, got mine and recall was performed and luckily, my vehicle was okay but they found another issue which will probably result in another recall.

Chris, thanks for the update

Glad you got that fixed

Edited by windguy

What is the other issue?

Can someone scan and post the fuel line recall. Ford says no recalls for my VIN. I smell fumes everytime I fuel up!

Took the stealership 3 hours to get mine in and out.

Hello ncranchero. Here is the URL for the fuel line recall, http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?searchType=ID&targetCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=14V708000&refurl=rss . You are one of the forums oldest members going back to 2010. Do you still have your 2010 Transit Connect? I would be interested in your opinion of the differences between the two.

That's a different issue. I get that also. Seems to me, the van would not be very suitable if you were moving food in that cargo area.

Latest 2014 recall.....

recall covers 16,091 2014 Ford Transit Connect vans in the U.S. in which seat belt fasteners might not have been tightened properly. If the fasteners did not meet initial torque specifications, they could loosen over time and fail to function as intended, increasing injury risk, Ford said.

Dealers are being told to replace and properly tighten the fasteners and the cargo tie-downs in the cargo area. The vans were built from November 2013 through September 2014 in Spain

Today, I got another recall having to do with plastic panels that might not be glued correctly.