2013TransitConnect

The Gas Mileage Thread

I just checked my fuel mileage for the first tank of gas and got 19.66 mpg in city stop and go traffic.

Is this a 2014 van?

When sitting at a red light, or stuck in a traffic jam, both a Prius and a Hummer get zero MPG. Nothing you can do about that.

Edited by Willie

I just checked my fuel mileage for the first tank of gas and got 19.66 mpg in city stop and go traffic.

So you bought a 2013 model while the new 2014 model is out, must got a good deal on that

My second fillup got me 24.02 mpg in mixed driving and the third fillup got me 29.03 mpg in all highway driving but going over a 4,000 foot pass twice.

The Prius has instant start, where the engine turns off at traffic lights etc. A great idea. If Ford ever sells a hybrid TC, I would expect it to also have that feature.

Ford has several hybrid cars with that feature. Another nice feature is when you apply the brake instead of pads squeezing a rotor to stop you an electrical generator kicks in and you charge the batteries. I think it still has regular brakes for hard stops.

My fill up today of mixed highway/city got me 24 point something to the gallon. It now has 1,200 miles on it.

Opps! You guys caught me on the instant start deal. I forgot about that. Still you do get my point.

Opps! You guys caught me on the instant start deal. I forgot about that. Still you do get my point.

Well you were right 99.9% of the time.

Long distance highway driving, I'm seeing somewhere north of 27 mpg. This is north Florida, where the terrain is mostly flat.

Overall average for all driving is 25.5 mpg.

My AVD is 27.9 MPG over 13,000 miles driven, 70% turnpike, and 30% city

On the highway I'm still getting 29 but in town with the colder weather 24 is about the best.

Good for you! I have 2100 miles on the van and I'm getting 15 in city a lot of stop and go I'm not happy! and I'm not driving fast this van has worst mpg than my 2003 Honda Odyssey! I don't know whats going on

Also make sure you are accurately calculating your MPGs. Built in MPG gauges are seldom accurate.

My TC has almost 10,000 miles on it and the average in town and highway has gone down a bit mainly because of the bad weather and shorter trips. But I'm still getting 22/27.

I don't remember where I posted this spreadsheet before, but here's an update on my TC. Winter is killing my efficiency.

9oDj30m.png

Wow I wish I was getting anything close to that with my 2015 Titanium.

I don't remember where I posted this spreadsheet before, but here's an update on my TC. Winter is killing my efficiency.

9oDj30m.png

Those numbers coming from the computer or you calculated after refill?

Those numbers coming from the computer or you calculated after refill?

Calculated off the odometer.

I don't trust the trip computer. It's just averaging the results from the "instant" number, which is just monitoring injector pulses vs speed. It's a good point of reference, but the proof is in the miles/gallons.

Calculated off the odometer.

I don't trust the trip computer. It's just averaging the results from the "instant" number, which is just monitoring injector pulses vs speed. It's a good point of reference, but the proof is in the miles/gallons.

it's pretty damn accurate actually

my trip computer #'s fall right in line with your mpg's

pretty darn close

Agreed Mustang. It is generally close. When I calculate I generally get just a bit better mileage, but relatively speaking, the computer gives a good reference number. (I'm speaking of my other car, because my 2010 Transconn does not easily generate MPG) Of course, I'm not going out to two decimal places either!!

Edited by Willie

Does the TC tell us the average? Mine only tells me the miles to empty. From what I guess the miles to empty is based on how you drove the last two tanks.