Ford Transit Connect Forum

Some of the things I've done on my 20 cargo van

7 hours ago, BobbyP said:

nice upgrades. the always on rear view camera is my favorite addition. does your monitor have 2 channels? if so you can add a second camera to cover the right side blind spot. 

It does, but for some reason it won't work with the 2nd channel. That's what you get when you buy a 27.00 monitor. I'm happy with the rear view only though.

A lot of them have first-channel "priority" when there's only two channels. Pop it into reverse when it's wired to the backup lights, and it'll override the 2nd channel camera; take it out of reverse to cut power and 2nd channel will display, again. You may be able to change that in the settings menu, though. You could also test it by disconnecting & reconnecting the primary always-on camera while having a second one plugged in temporarily, just to verify the priority option. 

Very nice mods! I have a 2020 cargo van - no back windows, & with the same windshield "box"... What did you use for a mount for that monitor?  Im wanting to use a "Blendmount"  for my Blackvue dash camera and as you know, there is no mirror or stem to mount to.  Any info you could share would be highly appreciated. Best Regards,  Woody Harnell

On 11/5/2020 at 6:27 PM, Precisionair said:

Very nice mods! I have a 2020 cargo van - no back windows, & with the same windshield "box"... What did you use for a mount for that monitor?  Im wanting to use a "Blendmount"  for my Blackvue dash camera and as you know, there is no mirror or stem to mount to.  Any info you could share would be highly appreciated. Best Regards,  Woody Harnell

Hard to get a good pic, but I modified the pivoting mount that came with the monitor, and  mounted it to an aluminum plate which was the attached to the "clamshell", which is where I found key on power.

002.JPG

The camera is mounted on the 3rd brake light. 

003.JPG

Edited by billet_@bellsouth.net

9F56929E-6600-4553-93ED-E78285633539.thumb.png.d8c560a12cda10d744b78bd871dd6ce3.pngI popped off the cap on the end and saw this inside mounted to the windshield...wondering if this is at least a part of the factory mirror mount... although your monitor weighs more than my dash cam, your aluminum mount and the plastic housing seem to work fine together...  really appreciate you getting back to me on this... and while I’m here, I also have a 2013 TC that has an abundant source of chrome and stainless trim from multiple vendors... I can’t even find chrome mirror caps for the 2020, and I’ve looked at UK vendors as well... ... anyway, thanks again.  Regards, Woody