• Custom Search

What’s the most expensive repair you’ve had done on your tc?

I’ve got an extended service plan on a 2016 transit connect that’s good until 2024 or 40k more miles. I could get a refund of $1700 if I cancel now and am considering it since it’s been running great.

Lots of brakes, because of lots of salt.  A couple of batteries, and 2.5 sets of tires , and a set of plugs and oxygen sensors Regular oil changes and  4 transmission drain and refills . 103000 miles so far.

The real question is do you feel Lucky?

Edited by G B L

I would cash it in. I have almost 250k miles on my 2015 and other than tires, oil changes, and transmission services I haven't had any problems.

My mint 2015 needed the trans rebuilt at ~62k... luckily I'd just bought it a few months before as a CPO vehicle with a one year powertrain warranty.  Dealer said I'd have been out about $3500. 

I believe the trans does fine with highway miles, judging by the number of reports of 200k+ vehicles that are just a few years old.  Around town with lots of shifting may be a different story.

I have the least amount of miles. 2016.  38,XXX.   Oil changes. 1 transmission fluid exchange. Several sets of wipers.  New air filter. 

I cashed it in. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Cool put the money in a CD and you can be ready and also you can win!

On 8/13/2020 at 7:52 PM, Fifty150 said:

I have the least amount of miles. 2016.  38,XXX 

My 2014 has 29,xxx  -  Two oil changes (I bought it with 12,000) one transmission fluid exchange and it still has the factory tires and wipers  -  I keep it in the garage when I'm not driving it . . . . and we only drive it when we're taking long trips.  28.7 mpg lifetime average

Don

On 8/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, G B L said:

Lots of brakes, because of lots of salt.  A couple of batteries, and 2.5 sets of tires , and a set of plugs and oxygen sensors Regular oil changes and  4 transmission drain and refills . 103000 miles so far.

The real question is do you feel Lucky?

AMEN on the brakes !!! I just traded in a 2010 with 94,000 on it; at about 45,000 I had to deal with brake rotors, and when I traded it in I was noticing some brake fade / pulsing, like I had a rotor that was warping.

If you live in snow country where road salt is an issue, that's just a fact of life.

Tires were about the same; I was on my third set at trade in, and they had a LOT of life left in them.