Ford Transit Connect Forum

2019 connect horn in the rear jack compartment?

Magnumtripod

@magnumtripod - are you asking about a plastic funnel that is used for filling the gas tank?

Not sure what you mean by "horn"? Audible horn or something shaped like a horn.

My funnel was in the glovebox when I got the van. Can you take a pic to share?

20191009_150533.thumb.jpg.98c5cfbbababcf149f4cebd370a592b4.jpg20191009_150525.thumb.jpg.7be276acfe852f6b5364c19aa68d2e62.jpg

2 hours ago, windguy said:

@magnumtripod - are you asking about a plastic funnel that is used for filling the gas tank?

Not sure what you mean by "horn"? Audible horn or something shaped like a horn.

My funnel was in the glovebox when I got the van. Can you take a pic to share?

Its definitely not the funnel. It's some kind of horn with wires going to it. It's in the same compartment as the car jack

Its a Fiaam HK8 high (pitch?) horn. But I'm not sure why a horn would be IN the car

Edited by Magnumtripod

Could that be hooked up to the alarm system, perhaps? Someone breaks in and that annoying bastard is going off in the back, but it's difficult to find & cut, lol. 

Stand outside the van and hit the horn on the steering wheel to make sure it does not sound off, that would be real annoying while driving. 

Edited by jrm223
Add some info

1 minute ago, jrm223 said:

Could that be hooked up to the alarm system, perhaps? Someone breaks in and that annoying bastard is going off in the back, but it's difficult to find & cut, lol. 

lol good suggestion. I should sit in it and hit the panic button. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is. I can't imagine what else it would be for