Ford Transit Connect Forum

2019 transit connect - no backup sound?

Magnumtripod

I recently bought a new 2019 connect. I came from a 2015 that had a backup cam and an audible signal that beeped faster and faster the closer I got to something. The 2019 doesn't beep and I can't find any option to enable it. 

Is it even possible to turn this feature on? 

@magnumtripod - Congrats on your new van and welcome to the forum.

The audible signal or beep is part of the parking sensor assist system. I have that on my 2015 Cargo, but it was an option that I ordered. Front and rear sensors.

There is a switch on the 2015 to disable the rear parking assist in case you have a trailer that would affect the sensor.

Does your 2019 have sensors in the bumper? Not sure if they made that a standard feature. I think backup cams are a requirement now, not sure on vans.

Edited by windguy

You guys are absolutely right. I didn't even think about the bumper sensors. My van does not have them, therefore I won't have any backup sounds. 

I assumed maybe it was integrated with the camera and the green, yellow and red assist lines on the screen. Thanks for your help

• 10 months later...

If ordering, the salesman should remind that this is an option. I've heard others complain about this on other Ford vehicles, including my brother that ordered a Fusion a few years ago and was very disappointed when he found out there were no backup sensors. He ordered the camera and just figured it would also beep.

Edited by Tom899