Shay2013

Roof Rail Help

Hi! Just bought a used 2016 Transit LWB are there after market roof options for our Thule Cargo Carrier? Ford dealership wasn't much help finding any? 

IMG_8058.PNG

IMG_8086.JPG

Your dealer could help. Your dealer doesn't want to help.

Anybody could look through Ford's or Thule's catalog, and call tech support.

Go to a store which sells camper shells, ladder racks, etc.  It's what the sell.  They will sell and install it for you.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new van. Looks great! I like the color.

There are numerous threads regarding roof racks - OEM, aftermarket and everything in between.

Some already have factory roof rails and are looking for racks, others are starting from scratch.

Use the SEARCH feature in the upper right corner of the page.

Below is a link to a thread I posted regarding my install for a cargo model.  I also included links to other roof rack threads posted at that time (11/2017)

Since you have a wagon model you will need to remove headliner material to access the mounting holes.

Hi Shay, 

I have a set of the factory rails for sale! I also know everything there is to know about removing and or replacing these. It was quite a learning experience. LOL

I messaged you directly as well. 

Cheers

I installed the rhino rack rails recently. Intend to do a write up in the near future. It was rhino rack rails RTS535. Definitely not the easiest process in the world, but it's a fit for rhino, Thule, and Yakima track systems as I understand it.

Looks good so far, will be putting the bases on and doing the write up when I get back from vacation!

IMG_20190428_155112.jpg

Hey tp_connetic, 

Yes! I did the same just recently as well. Man what a learning curve. I have lots to share too! We should do a new thread and upload pics together to make a step by step. 

Is your TC a SWB or LWB?  and do you have a headliner too?

LWB, headliner. It was fun... but man it looks good now :)

I'll attach a picture later when I get back to my phone.