Image2018

Water on passenger footwell

Hi guys I wonder if someone can help . I’ve got a 54 plate connect lab Hitop and noticed a good amount of water on my passenger footwell. I’ve tried to look under the dash but lack of space so I thought I’d ask on here . Thanks a lot for any advice 

I seem to recall somebody having similar symptoms and it ended up being a fitting being pulled out of a hose that is used to drain condensation from the inside of the AC ducting. I think there was a photo. I'll try to find it and post a link later.

Ahh thanks don Shockley. Only trouble is my van doesn’t have aircon . Yesterday we had a torrential rain storm and when I got back to my van it looked like someone had poured a bucket of water straight into the footwell. 

Okay, this does not solve how water is getting in.  But it could help with how you manage the water.  An old trick from the T-Rex days was to drill a hole in the floorboard.  Then install a drain plug or cap.  We did it so that we could hose out our trucks.  But I'll be that would allow the water to flow out without puddling, and provide ventilation so that mold & mildew do not develop in your van.  

Get a hose.  Have a friend spray your van while you're sitting inside.  Try to find how the water is getting in.

The plastic grid between the wipers covers the cowl vent if the water path gets blocked for any reason then the water will flood into the heater air intake and end up in the passenger foot well.