Ford Transit Connect Forum

Diagnostic codes say incorrect gear ratios

Bob M

Hello all,

Recently had a catastrophic transmission failure. At about 189K, the differential gears decided to leave the transmission  and made their own exit hole in the side of the housing right where the speed sensor used to be.  This is a 2010 TC. I went to the local salvage and got a transmission from a 2009 Focus. Guaranteed to fit. I had it  rebuilt and installed it. Now I am pulling these codes.  Anybody now how I can fix this?

Forscan may be able to reset or recalibrate the proper module(s). Probably the PCM module. Do some research on the Forscan.org website. The software is free but you will need a bluetooth ELM327 adapter (plugs into the OBDII port).

This will get you started:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit

Otherwise, you may be visiting your local Ford dealer.

You will need the Vin of the Focus to Identify the final drive ratio that the Focus has,  The TC vin will also tell what the final drive ratio is set to at the moment.  

Edited by G B L

VIN for the Focus isn't available. How many final gear ratios can there be for a 2008 Ford Focus? Also,  Where can I find the Box part Number? Is this the  gear box?  Thanks for all your help.