Ford Transit Connect Forum

GEN 2 ROOF RACKS & TRACKS INSTALL

I have a 2015 connect cargo van that i am trying to find the ford part number of the oval roof hole plugs that cover the roof rack holes.  Anyone have any ideas, i looked and cant find anywhere.

WINDGUY talks about them in the mounting holes section of his guide.

55 minutes ago, LockTech said:

I have a 2015 connect cargo van that i am trying to find the ford part number of the oval roof hole plugs that cover the roof rack holes.  Anyone have any ideas, i looked and cant find anywhere.

WINDGUY talks about them in the mounting holes section of his guide.

That is a good question. The thread linked below talked about the plugs but no one shared a part number.

Sorry I couldn't help but perhaps another forumite can access parts diagrams and find that for you.

Do you need them for the holes in the cab area, cargo area or all holes?

I think you can provision something on your own that would work equally well or perhaps be more water tight.

I have looked at alot of parts diagrams and cant find them.  i have a few that are cracked and leaking,  would like to replace them.

If all else fails i guess ill have to go to the dealer with my van.

thanks for the reply.

Why not hit up a U-Pull-It or other junkyard nearby? Should be real cheap to buy a set of the plugs there. I'd be inclined to just get some Dicor self-leveling putty that's used on RV roofs around vents and other openings, they'll never leak again. It's also available in black, if you don't want white. A bit ghetto, but it's like $11 for a tube and maybe 20-30 minutes of your time, rather than chasing all over the place trying to find the OEM plugs for probably 10x the cost.