Sign in to follow this  
Beta Don

Gen 2 GPS Mount

A secure, yet easily reversible way to mount any GPS in your 2014, 15, 16 (17?) TC

4 pieces required.  A RAM cradle to fit your particular GPS, a 1" ball mount adapter for the cradle, a round 1" ball mount adapter to bolt to the dash and a  2 1/2" double ball connector

If you use 4-40 screws, nuts and washers, you can bolt the round 1" ball to the removable dash cover without drilling any holes, which means you can remove it later with no damage to the dash

Don

P1000303.jpg

P1000304.jpg

P1000305.jpg

Grab the aft end of the cover and lift and pull  -  It's held in with 4 snap clips.  You can see two of them in the 3rd upside down picture

Don

Edited by Beta Don

I grabbed mine, pulled it towards myself,and gently wiggled it out.  Be careful.  Those little clips are easy to break.

Did you break one??  I've had mine off and back on again 5 or 6 times so far with no problems.  It seems pretty rugged to me . . . . of course, now that I've said that I'll probably break it the next time I take it off  :cry:

Don

Over the years, I've broken more than my fair shair of plastic clips on different cars.  For me, I expect things like that to break.