Ford Transit Connect Forum

2015 rubber strips on sliding doors?

nuke

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

All,

one of mine was barely hanging on so I removed it... saw this thread and was about to buy the goo when I thought it might make sense to see if I hear wind noise..  I do not hear wind noise from the front drivers seat at 65mph..  

wondering others are having trouble hearing wind noise...

wondering if I need to be in the back seat to hear it...

wondering if I need to be north of 65mph

Thoughts.

Dogbert62

This must only be on vans/wagons that have windows in the doors or something?? I looked at mine the other day after I remembered reading this post and I didn't see these trim pieces on my 2015 cargo van. I bought it new and I know nothing has fallen off, so they were never there to begin with, lol. 

Your van had them.  They fell off.  Tell your dealer to replace them.  

Only purpose is to buffer wind noise.  It won't effect you at all in the driver seat. Rear passenger may be uncomfortable.

I told my dealer to order another set, order the 3M 847, and install it so that it stays on.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, Double Nickels said:

Your van had them.  They fell off.  Tell your dealer to replace them.  

... Rear passenger may be uncomfortable.

Do you not understand what a cargo van is? There's no such thing as "rear passengers". And again, my windowless cargo van never had any pieces there, I just looked back through my oldest pictures from shortly after I bought it - no trim pieces, ever. But, there's also no windows on those doors for me. I just looked up photos of white vans (mine is black) that are otherwise identical to mine - look, no trim piece on vans without door windows! Like I already said before. 

Anybody that worried about it should sit in the back while someone drives y'all around, so you can see if it's even actually noticeable that they're off. Especially if you have one on and one off, y'all could switch from side-to-side to test any perceptible noise level difference. But I think it's a whole lot of fuss over practically nothing. 

USC40FOV321A021002[1].jpg