Ford Transit Connect Forum

New wagon- couple questions

DarbukaDave

Hello all! Just picked up my new LWB wagon yesterday and I have a couple of questions. I couldn't find anything in the manual, and the search terms I tried did not yield results.
On the center console there is a little hook molded into the passenger side. Is there some ingenious use for that that I should know?
Secondly, I discovered a fold - down convex mirror in the overhead console. Is this intended to be used for monitoring of passengers, or as a secondary rearview? Just curious.
Pics attached of both items.

post-5209-0-43699000-1445375729_thumb.jp

post-5209-0-23677600-1445375752_thumb.jp

Edited by DarbukaDave

The hooks are usually for securing grocery bags in place, My Gen1 has one in the glove box lid. Not sure about the Gen2 hook.

The convex mirror is pretty much standard in all cars, it's for keeping an eye on the kids or chatting with the rear passengers. It works both ways, if you have a baby on the back seat, he/she sees your face in it and feels more comfortable.

Edited by mrtn

Hello all! Just picked up my new LWB wagon yesterday and I have a couple of questions. I couldn't find anything in the manual, and the search terms I tried did not yield results.

On the center console there is a little hook molded into the passenger side. Is there some ingenious use for that that I should know?

Secondly, I discovered a fold - down convex mirror in the overhead console. Is this intended to be used for monitoring of passengers, or as a secondary rearview? Just curious.

Pics attached of both items.

congrats on your new van. your signature says SWB but you mentioned LWB. How about a pic of your new wheels?

regarding the hook thing, I was wondering the same thing but never got around to asking about it. thanks for bringing it up.

regarding that secondary mirror, I think that's only on the wagon models. The cargo vans don't have that option.

It is the LWB. I'll have to change my sig! I love the new ride. Used to drive a big Chevy conversion van, this thing feels so civilised!

Things like this little hook sometimes drive me crazy, because they are never mentioned anywhere. Makes me wonder what everyone knows that I don't!

Pics when I'm able

It is the LWB. I'll have to change my sig! I love the new ride. Used to drive a big Chevy conversion van, this thing feels so civilised!

Things like this little hook sometimes drive me crazy, because they are never mentioned anywhere. Makes me wonder what everyone knows that I don't!

Pics when I'm able

the seat massager feature is da bomb. especially when you turn the seat heater on.

glad you like your van. what always strikes me funny is that in the garage, the van looks really big, but in a parking lot next to other vehicles it's about average or sometimes overshadowed next to bigger SUV and pickups.

Some people call the hook a "purse hook" lol. I've had a few vehicles with it. What I use the hook for is to hold a grocery shopping bag as a garbage bag. Although most bags seem to be a little on the tall side for the hook location, my bag fell off a couple times until it had a decent amount of stuff in it.