Ford Transit Connect Forum

Front brake inspection wheel cover off only

Willygee

2016 TC XLT 40k miles...Front brake inspection wheel cover off only i can see outside pads only...pads at the thickest section (pads have edge chamfers) are at 5/16 inch. Hoping inside pads are the same...I'd pull wheels for a full brake inspection but thanksgiving maketh one lazy;) Observations and comments appreciated.

I'm coming up on 128K miles with my '15 TC, still on OEM front pads. Last I had looked (I should check again soon), they still appeared nearly brand-new. I changed out the rear pads somewhere around 105K miles solely because of uneven wear from side-to-side. I generally coast down as much as possible instead of being hard on the brake pedal, plus I've lived out in rural Texas since the van had about 45-50K miles, so no more stop & go city/suburb type driving for me. These days is more akin to highway-only driving with a little around-town, so YMMV. 

The pads on the left are just about the same wear (outers, I think?), but the other ones/inners were noticeably uneven compared to each other. 

Rear_Brake_Pads.thumb.jpg.2bb32804f7e888654ebb1f1d0299d6bf.jpg