• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
rodent 66

Max fan install location 2020 LWB connect wagon

Hello . I have a 2020 Connect wagon LWB 6 seater. This will become a camping/ travel vehicle. My question. I have seen where some have installed a Max air or other vent/fan (14” x 14”) hole thru the roof at/close to the rear. Has anyone installed one of these fans farther up/foward, like right in the area /above the overhead storage area ( kinda). Also , are there any specs/drawings /dimensions that show where a cross over support welded to the he roof is. ( I will not cut through a support/cross member). And I don’t want to cut into the headliner material untill  I’m sure what It what. 

No diagram, but I can do you one better with pictures of all three, lol. First one is at the B-pillar, second one is just slightly ahead of the C-pillar and third is at the D-pillar. Sorry the rear pic ended up kinda blurry, but it's still easy enough to see. For what it's worth, my van is a LWB, so I don't know if the positioning overall is the same for SWB. 

You'll need to take out your headliner to make your cut, then probably put it back in temporarily so you can mark the top side of it (through the new hole) to figure out where to cut the headliner hole so things line-up perfectly. The gap between the headliner & steel roof is at least a couple inches wide, so I personally wouldn't try to cut them at the same time.

Ceiling_Support_Front.thumb.jpeg.3f3a4c68fc84cef00b6521c8adb528a3.jpeg

Ceiling_Support_Mid.thumb.jpeg.867e550821ed2ab6180ff544b0e84c65.jpeg

Ceiling_Support_Rear.thumb.jpeg.bda4fbc81d16db7ca0f3466dfec4f52c.jpeg

Thanks for the pics. Mine is also a LWB, so lt looks like I can go by your pics. The fan would be right above the storage/area.I’m good with that, since the fan housing ( being foward) would give more room for things or a shorter roof cargo box on my roof rack. 

If you are going to do it right get one of these. It will make the job  better.

Screenshot_2020-11-28 Ford Transit Connect Roof Vent Adapter for 2014 to present eBay.png

I installed the MaxxAir and didn't use that. Instead, I cut 2 14" long strips of 1/4" ABS to run lengthwise in the gutter and 2 2" pieces the the center in the front and rear. They leveled the roof perfectly.

Sealant on the top and bottom completed the job, and it's totally leak free.