Ford Transit Connect Forum

what are these things

samsam

hey,

van buildout noob here.

I want to build out some storage and a bed platform. i have no idea what these things are. can i get rid of them?

EDIT: popped of the plastic on the top one and it's part of the return of the door slide

the bottom one seems to be some kind of mount but if one of the bolt hadnt stripped seems like it would have come off

FFBF65E7-77B4-4ABB-971C-3E60544FBD91_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by samsam

On my 2015 wagon there were several control modules in this are that were covered by the trim, like the fuel pump control module. I suspect one or more of these is under that cover. I know there is also a safety on the passenger side to prevent opening the slider while the fuel door is open and it looks like the photo is in the general area of the latch so it may have something to do with that also. But I'll lay odds that if you take off that cover you'll find important stuff underneath.

Did the Gen 1 ever have a 3rd-row seat? If not, there's the front seats and the rear seat, or 2nd row. Looking over the pics again, particularly in your first pic from Nov 3rd, I do see the pressed shape and bottom threaded hole that matches that diagram above, located above the plastic cover for the door slide. So that other bracket must be for some other option, I reckon. I don't know that there's much point in trying to remove it, though, since you still have the slide pocket above it getting in the way of cabinets or whatever.