Ford Transit Connect Forum

What is the horn device in cargo area?

There is a silver disc horn-like device under the plastic side-liner in the cargo area. What is this for? I'd like to move or remove it because its in the way of the platform i want to install.

20200716_131155_resized.jpg

Edited by Camper
Added pics

I wonder if a previous owner installed that as part of an alarm? A thief wouldn't stick around long with that thing blaring inside as they're trying to steal stuff, lol. I don't know if it's just the picture, but it looks like the wall has been modified/cut, too? To me, it looks like a section was cut out and the cut edge has some surface rust, right below the horn. Ain't no telling what modifications some people will do to their vehicle to fit their purposes, haha. 

The horn is part of the anti-theft package on European models (the FOE on the wiring diagrams is the Euro designation, FNA is for North American models). See the attached diagrams.

The alarm is triggered by the Body Control Module. If you currently don't have an alarm function, it can easily be turned on in the BCM. There is another alarm horn with an integral battery under the hood (if equipped). None of these horns are on my US model TC. My alarm system uses the regular horn it appears.

anti theft horn.pdf

horn location.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

@Don Ridley I have a 2019 TC purchased in the US, and it has this anti-theft horn. I didn't discover it until I was camping in the back of the van, locked the doors with my key remote, and went to sleep. In the middle of the night I rolled around, triggering the motion sensor and woke up to the most ear-piercing shrill sound I've ever heard coming from the wall. ?

So, yes. I can corroborate that it is the anti-theft horn.

• 7 months later...