• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
cosmicray

Original tires do not fit TC ?

As I mentioned in the TPMS thread, I need to replace two tires. I was looking at some (what I believed to be the factory originals) on eBay, and entered my vehicle's year/make/model/trim parameters, and it said "those tires are not appropriate". The tires I have been looking for are Continental  ContiProContact in 205/65R15. These are for a 2013/Ford/TransitConnect/XL (cargo van). They are the same tires that it was delivered with. So then I went to the Continental TIre site, and put in my vehicle. It also says the ContiProContact were not the original tires, and they recommend VikingContact7 or VancoFourSeason.

I am now very confused. I know which tires my van was delivered to me with (~10 miles on the odometer). Was there some change in the specified tires, or did the dealership do a tire swap ? I'm reasonably sure that the Continentals have been mentioned here before.

If the tire size is the same and you have the proper load range  it does not matter, the tires will work.

There "should be" a sticker inside the drivers side door well that tells you the exact size and load range of tires that the van came with. The BRAND of the tires matters only in personal preference or opinion.  

This is your size ,any XL load rated tire in this size is ok to use
205/65R15
Diameter : 25.5"
Width : 8.1"
Wheel : 15" x 5.5-7.5"
Sidewall : 5.2"
Circum. : 80.0"
Revs/Mile : 79

Gen2 are 16".

We did not get the Gen 2 until 2014.