• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
JorgeJ13

2013 Transit Connect High Rpms

Hi guys i have a 2013 Ford TC and im worried she is going almost 4,000 rpms at 75mph someone has thus problem?Thanks just bought the van

Edited by JorgeJ13

That's only a 4-speed auto, but top gear is still 0.73:1 overdrive, compared to the 6-speed auto in Gen 2 vans but they appear to be about 0.746:1 in 6th gear (I can't find a definitive answer on the TC2 6F-35, so that ratio is from the Lincoln MKZ 6F-35, which should at least be close). Sounds to me like maybe your van isn't shifting into 4th gear overdrive. 

Go to ford.com and download a manual for your TC and you will have all the stats you need. 

I would say that the Transmission is not going into 4 th gear.  The Gen 1 I drove but did not buy had to be revved up to perform but it definitely had longer legs that the one you have.

Keep us posted on what happens. 

It sounds like the transmission downshifted, as if you were passing another vehicle.  Then it stays in a lower gear, instead of shifting back to overdrive.  

Guys so i take the van to my mechanic and the cables that goes to transmission speed sensors were damaged he put new conectors and new sensor and she is running like a champ!!

Is you overdrive off light on your dash? Sounds like overdrive is off. click the small button in the side of the shifter handle to turn it on