• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Don Ridley

Power Liftgate kit available

Autoease has a liftgate kit for the Gen 2 TC for $499. But installation requires some tricky modifications to the mounting brackets for the actuator/struts. Autoease does not supply the brackets for these modifications.

I will order the kit and will make the necessary modifications. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Edited by Don Ridley

awesome.  looking forward to the details

Looks interesting.

Game changer.  Can't wait to hear about it

Here are the details on installing the electric liftgate. The Autoease product is well made. Hopefully my documentation will help. The only problem with this product/project is the Autoease device that provides the final close/latch motion is not easy to install on a TC. I did not install this movable strike plate and motor. The liftgate closes but if all windows and other doors are closed, the increase in air pressure keeps the liftgate from fully latching. I need to lightly push the door closed at the end of the arc. This is not a deal breaker for me since the biggest problem with the stock liftgate was unlatching it, then having to step back so it didn't hit you. Then, closing required a big tug and you had to "ride it" all the way down to make sure it latched.

Now I can start the opening sequence as I walk up to the vehicle. Closing is not a big problem because you can start the sequence, then open the front door and wait for it to latch before you drive away. Art worst, you need to wait for the motor to close it and provide a light push just before it latches.

See the attached install and operating instructions. Contact me if you have any questions.

Don

electric liftgate Insructions.pdf