• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
petermbooth

Doors/lights connection

I've got a 2018 TC Cargo model and when any door is opened, the exterior lights illuminate (and the interior lights also). I am planning on doing some camping which will include a tent that will be connected to my van.  So the rear doors will be open for several days. This means a bunch of the lights will be on for several days. Is there a way to turn off the "doors open = lights on" feature of the Transit Connect?

There are two ways to handle this .  A temporary fix is to push the turn signal lever toward the Dash this will switch off the lights.  It will reset when the doors are closed and then opened.  There is a programing fix that has been discussed in another thread.  I  will check and see if  I can dig it up. 

Check  this conversation  in the Lights section

https://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/6457-turn-off-or-shorten-duration-lights-are-on/?do=findComment&comment=20779

On 11/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, petermbooth said:

This means a bunch of the lights will be on for several days. 

Just as an FYI, no they will not. They turn off after 10 minutes, lol. But, definitely do the Perimeter Lights disable if you want them permanently off, I love it.