Ford Transit Connect Forum

Any way to kill all the lights?

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, phollenback said:

Note that you can also disable the approach lights yourself. Here are my Instructions on how to do it.

You cannot easily do it yourself on a 2014-15 because the BCM needs to be updated by Ford, first. 2016+ does not require a visit to Ford, though. Tempus will have to bring his into Ford and reference the SSM about it. 

1 hour ago, jrm223 said:

You cannot easily do it yourself on a 2014-15 because the BCM needs to be updated by Ford, first. 2016+ does not require a visit to Ford, though. Tempus will have to bring his into Ford and reference the SSM about it. 

I believe the actual cut off date is posted somewhere in this forum. My 2017 also needed the BCM update and it was built in Nov 2016 just missing the newer BCM. Two different dealers with an updated BCM and I still have the annoying approach light problem.   

9 hours ago, phollenback said:

Updating the BCM just makes the approach light on/off setting available, it doesn't disable them.  You still have to get the dealer to disable the approach lights or make the change yourself with forscan.

Both dealers worked on trying to turn off the approach lights and neither could figure it out. I do have the updated BCM confirmed by the second dealer and I bought an ohp elmconfig tool for forscan. All I need now is a laptop with windows, a mac with windows conversion software did not work.

1 hour ago, desert_connect said:

Both dealers worked on trying to turn off the approach lights and neither could figure it out. I do have the updated BCM confirmed by the second dealer and I bought an ohp elmconfig tool for forscan. All I need now is a laptop with windows, a mac with windows conversion software did not work.

Where in the Southern plains are you? Maybe another member that already has the equipment can help out? I'm in north-central Texas, myself - right in the middle of the Ft Worth/Abilene/Wichita Falls triangle. 

56 minutes ago, jrm223 said:

Where in the Southern plains are you? Maybe another member that already has the equipment can help out? I'm in north-central Texas, myself - right in the middle of the Ft Worth/Abilene/Wichita Falls triangle. 

Thanks....good thought. I am 2 hours south of Phoenix.