Sign in to follow this  
Titang9

Rear Suspension Sagging

Greetings , I'm an auto technician (not Ford) . After 5 years and just 23,000 miles, my client is complaining about the rear end SAGGING (maybe front also) . It has a rear entry wheel chair with automatic lift installed . Any upgrade available ? 2013 Ford Transit XLT (VIN : NM0KS9CN8DT150258 )

Your options are not going to be OEM.  The weight of the lift has worn the OEM suspension. The aftermarket, and custom fabrication is where the solution will be found.  Larger coil springs, heavy duty shocks, air bags, and custom mounts. Perhaps even fabricating a heavy crossmember between the structural subframe components to support the extra weight and provide mounting points for dampeners.

KIMG2041.thumb.JPG.c5e9b24f082298bd8294b9317708348d.JPGKIMG2042.thumb.JPG.500d00ba29f925c42eedf104a535395a.JPG
It does not look like you have much room to work with.  It looks like a little fabrication will allow for installing airbags.  Air may be the best way to go.  Air will support more weight, and give a better ride.

You might want to get T220 Connect springs. The van model has significantly lower payload.

Mine was 825 kg / 1818 lbs.