Ford Transit Connect Forum

Roofracks

Has any one found a good roofrack ?

I'm needing a framed version not just two bars so it can support carpets.

Had a great roofrack when I lived in Scotland on my little citren van I have a great framed roofrack which also I had the option to add a spoiler to the front for wind drag which help greatly.

Any ideas links would be great thanks.

Has any one found a good roofrack ?

I'm needing a framed version not just two bars so it can support carpets.

Had a great roofrack when I lived in Scotland on my little citren van I have a great framed roofrack which also I had the option to add a spoiler to the front for wind drag which help greatly.

Any ideas links would be great thanks.

Davy,

Here is one site: http://www.inlad.com/fordtransitconnectladderracks.aspx

A google search for "Ford transit connect roof rack" yields lots of other websites as well.

Good luck.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Two resources for options on the Transit Connect Ladder Racks.

(I work for this company *full disclosure*)

http://www.transitvanequipment.com/fordtransitconnectladderracks.aspx

and

http://www.inlad.com/fordtransitconnectladderracks.aspx

There are 4 different manufacturers that are making racks specific to the Transit (I'm sure there are more but these are the 4 i'm familliar with)

Prime Design - These guys have taken the Transit and really thought the racks through. They offer different drop down options, clamp downs, and even wide platforms. Good weight capacity all aluminum construction and a fair price. Volume wise this is one of the most popular items we sell for the Transit.

Topper Manufacturing - Similar to the cargo carriers you have seen on Full Size Fords\Chevy's -

Only one option currently but a great rack with a high weight capacity and a wide platform.

Adrian Steel - A number of Options these guys really shine in the dropdown options; big brand name a go too for many fleets.

Weather Guard - A late comer to the Transit equipment but they have created a very nice rack at a fair price.

Depending on your field of work certain brands will be a closer fit than others.

For general non specific use Prime Design and Topper offer affordable options.

If you are interested in a Drop Down option Prime Design and Adrian Steel are the way to go.

As always if you have a question about a specifc rack give us a shout and we can get you more info.

Best Regards,

Darek

www.inlad.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

....AND THULE makes adapter feet to fit the

mounting holes on the roof - I have a THULE basket

mounted on the feet with square cross bars.

will post a photo in the future.

Folks love the look of the 40" long basket.

Style of basket fits the short / Tall vehicle looks

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm in the process of building my own lumber rack. I wanted something suited to transporting dimensional lumber and sheet goods.

These are the mounts that bolt up to the stock roof locations. I cut a piece of rubber sheet that goes between the roof and the mount, and added a bit of silicon to each side as I bolted them down.

IMG 1082

IMG 1081

The rack slipps over these mounts and then will be pined together by a bolt through the two pieces.

IMG 1113

IMG 1114

I'll add more pictures once I finish painting it and get it onto the van.
There are a few additional photos in my gallery if anyone is interested.
Edited by pat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I found this site www.bragan.net who has a great selection of accessories and at a reasonable price. I like the roof rails that they show but out of stock right now for 2015 LWB.

Has anyone had experience taking down the headliner to access th front anchor points? How difficult and any pointers?

I found this site www.bragan.net who has a great selection of accessories and at a reasonable price. I like the roof rails that they show but out of stock right now for 2015 LWB.

Has anyone had experience taking down the headliner to access th front anchor points? How difficult and any pointers?

there's an ongoing thread regarding roof racks for the Gen 2 TC's.

there has been some discussion regarding the front mounting points and the location of the side air bags.

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/2406-roof-attachment-points-on-2014-transit-connect/page-4#entry11578