Ford Transit Connect Forum

MID display

ernestb436

I now have 10,100 miles there has been NO alerts for Oil Change or nothing, and when I do a system check, it tells me ALL IS OKAY!!!! So what do I do?

is this a 2014 model?

when was the last time you changed your oil you should do it every 3500 miles at least do change it

is this a 2014 model?

when was the last time you changed your oil you should do it every 3500 miles at least do change it

I think most engines can go twice that distance now days. Several years ago I saw a study done on NYC taxis. Some the oil was changed every 3,5000 miles and some were changed at 7,000 miles. After 200,000 miles they took the engines apart and examined them and could not tell any difference. Cars and oils today aren't like they were in the 1950's.

Well I was at the dealer for another issue, and he asked if I had it changed and told him NO, as the MID did not indicate for a change, he suggested that I have it changed with tire rotation and I was fine with that!

Hi is this a 2014 TC ? And what issue you had you needed to go there?

Thanks

I think most engines can go twice that distance now days. Several years ago I saw a study done on NYC taxis. Some the oil was changed every 3,5000 miles and some were changed at 7,000 miles. After 200,000 miles they took the engines apart and examined them and could not tell any difference. Cars and oils today aren't like they were in the 1950's.

You have 20,000 to 30,000 km (12,500 to 18,750 mi) oil change interval on most new cars in Europe now.

You have 20,000 to 30,000 km (12,500 to 18,750 mi) oil change interval on most new cars in Europe now.

I can believe that. I change mine every 5,000 miles because I do mixed city/highway driving.

• 2 years later...