My '14 TC has the Remote Start factory installed option and has the MyKey option as well. The way it works is that When I open a door after starting the engine with remote start, the engine shuts of. The manual states that it works that way when the vehicle is equipped with MyKey. I would like the engine to continue to run when I open a door (as a TC without the MyKey feature does). Is there a way to turn off the MyKey feature (which I don't need)?

Is there a way to turn off the MyKey feature (which I don't need)?

I'd like to know that too. Doesn't sound like a very user-friendly feature.

I believe the dealer can change this. My '14 TC Titanium also has MyKey and a dealer installed Ford bidirectional remote start, it continues to run when I open the door. There are different options for controlling how this remote behaves, but the factory one may be different.

from what I read, MyKey is mostly a feature for assisting young drivers.

does it have any benefit for an adult driver?

if not, then can you turn the system off altogether?

@mustang

Thanks for posting the link. I read something similar.

The alarming part is reading the user comments at the bottom. You start shaking your head.

I'm going to ask the dealer when my van is delivered and being prepped if they can disable this feature. I don't want any headaches for something I'm not using.

my van came with two xtra keys , all 4 are administrator keys until you program them to be "my keys"

1 key must always remain as "admin key"

you cannot reprogram anything for a "my key" with out an "admin key" also .

You can find info online to disable mykey on the vehicle yourself . still need an admin key to do it .

or you can do what I did and never program a key the van doesn't have my key so to speak until you program one .

and to the OP ........

maybe if you disable my key bt going thru the procedure I found online for a Fusion , your remote starter will work right . or not ?

@mustang - thanks for the input.

hope KeyWestLes can resolve this. please keep us posted

I found online a post on another Ford forum that the dealer can disable the MyKey feature, which will allow the remote start to continue engine running when you open a door. I'll be doing that!

I can't believe it's taken this long... but I found the answer!!!  First, my dealer said it couldn't be done (security issue from Ford). Yeah, right. I found this on Youtube after another search: 

I hate things like this.  They build in programming features that are kept secret.  So much of a secret, in fact, that not even dealership techs know it all.  I think the programming features are great, but that there should be a manual so that we can all have the ability to control what is happening with our own cars.  I get it:  of course they don't want you to know, because if you did, they couldn't charge you for what they know.

On 10/21/2016 at 2:18 PM, KeyWestLes said:

I can't believe it's taken this long... but I found the answer!!!  First, my dealer said it couldn't be done (security issue from Ford). Yeah, right. I found this on Youtube after another search: 

Hi all,

Did this work for anybody?

I have a 2014 and tried several times but it didn't work.

thanks

pkpaul