Ford Transit Connect Forum

looking for rear bench seat & sliding door windows for sale

transformer

I have just recently purchased a 2013 transit connect XLT without the windows on the sliding doors or the bench seat for the back and was hoping to put that in myself. If anyone has either the windows or the seat for sale I would gladly pay you for it. Please email me back at cathywright@roadrunner.com

Thank you very much

Hello transformer. The sliding door windows are available out on the internet. A quick look turned up http://www.trucknvans.com/product-p/fw290l.htm and I am sure the local automotive glass installers also can provide pricing and availability.

How difficult is it to remove the blank panel ? The passenger side door is particularly annoying when it comes to the blind spot issue.

cosmicray, the sliding door window panels are gluded in. Any window seal removing tool(like a hot glue knife) will work. Also count on replacing the gasket. All Transit Connects come into this county with glass in the doors. The glass is removed and solid panels are installed (as are the rear seats removed) for the van models.

Edited by 103west43rd

• 2 years later...

cosmicray, the sliding door window panels are gluded in. Any window seal removing tool(like a hot glue knife) will work. Also count on replacing the gasket. All Transit Connects come into this county with glass in the doors. The glass is removed and solid panels are installed (as are the rear seats removed) for the van models.

Hi there,

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but do you know if the rear panels (the ones on the side, behind the sliding doors) on the 2010-2013 models are also removable in a similar way (so that I can install factory glass panels)? I am really interested in buying a TC but I am finding it difficult to find ones that have glass all around (something I really really want).

Edited by bvz2000

Sorry bvz2000, the panels behind the sliding doors are not removable. There is an aftermarket company that sells the glass and gasket if you want to cut out the panel. Here is their info http://www.parkin-acc.com/. Also, I think 2011 was the first year for factory rear side windows in the US.

Edited by 103west43rd

Sorry bvz2000, the panels behind the sliding doors are not removable. There is an aftermarket company that sells the glass and gasket if you want to cut out the panel. Here is their info http://www.parkin-acc.com/. Also, I think 2011 was the first year for factory rear side windows in the US.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check out the link you sent. I really like the factory look, but it seems like it would be prudent for me to include ones without the extra windows and consider installing the aftermarket ones myself.

Just a thought

Depending on the intended use for the van . As of 2011 the XLT Wagon had side glass, and the XLT Premium had all glass. The passenger models also have a full headliner which makes them much quieter. There are quite a few on the web, The small inconvenience of a trip now might pay large dividends down the line.

To even more muddy the choice the Gen 2 Wagons slider door windows also open

Edited by G B L

Just a thought

Depending on the intended use for the van . As of 2011 the XLT Wagon had side glass, and the XLT Premium had all glass. The passenger models also have a full headliner which makes them much quieter. There are quite a few on the web, The small inconvenience of a trip now might pay large dividends down the line.

To even more muddy the choice the Gen 2 Wagons slider door windows also open

Yeah, I've been looking nationwide. Looks like I would have to take a trip to buy the van because out here (Northern CA) the TC's are about $2-3K more expensive for the exact same specs (and finding one with glass all around is pretty hard).

I'm planning on converting it to a mini-camper (I've been designing it on and off in sketchup and in my head for the past three years so it is a long time coming! :) ). I've scoured the internet for ideas (furgovw.org is a great resource) and I have a long-term plan worked out. I just need to be able to justify the cost and the inconvenience of having a second vehicle in an urban environment where it needs to be moved every 72 hours. I used to own a Westfalia and really miss it, though I would not miss the unreliability. I am interested in the first gen TC's because a) cost and b) they offer about 10" more headroom which really counts for a lot when using it as a temporary home.

The hardest part is going to be able to buy it remotely. I am too nervous to buy one that I haven't seen in person, and the thought of flying 6 hours to look at a car that may have disappeared before I get there, OR is not what was advertised is somewhat unappealing. Still, it may be what I have to do. I've been mostly looking in towns that I have friends or family in. That way maybe they can take a look at the thing on my behalf.

Thanks for the heads up on the different models. I will make my searches a lot easier. If I decide to buy (I am also considering a month-long trip to Germany as an alternative) I will be pulling the trigger in about a month.

Edited by bvz2000

I am with you , There are several XLT and Several XLT premiums on this coast in good shape. You have one thing in your favor. Your training in the use of an unreliable vehicle will help with the always exciting first long trip home with a newly acquired used vehicle.

Keep us posted on your hunt and your project.

I am with you , There are several XLT and Several XLT premiums on this coast in good shape. You have one thing in your favor. Your training in the use of an unreliable vehicle will help with the always exciting first long trip home with a newly acquired used vehicle.

Keep us posted on your hunt and your project.

Will do! I obsessively check cargurus.com and cars.com. Eventually something will show up (I hope :) )

Thanks again.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I have one more question and you guys have been such a help. G B L, you mentioned that the passenger models had a full headliner. Does that include the wagon without the rear quarter panel windows? Aftermarket windows might be my best bet if the rest of the van is more or less the same.

The XLT wagon model has the full headliner and a second seat and no rear quarter windows. The XLT Premium is the Gen 1 wagon with the rear quarter windows, second seat and full headliner.

Just for your information there is a very good looking XLT wagon at Litchfield Ford Litchfield Conn. Not cheap but looks good and seems to have what you want check auto-trader.

Have a good week end.

Edited by G B L

Thanks again. Good info.

I was looking at the one you mentioned. Looks good and though a little pricey, it seems like a decent amount for what you actually get (low miles especially). Thanks for the heads up. I'm kind of resigned to paying about that much for a low mileage version.

I'll report back here if I do buy one in the next month or two.

• 1 year later...

2016 cargo -  I'd like to get glass in the passenger side sliding door.  Can I find an opening window to have installed or just flat fixed panel? 

I'm realizing how hot this is going to be without any air flow front to rear and no sunroof to open to vent hot air.  AC will take forever to cool it down once it's 90.

Does anyone make an opening 'porthole' type window that could mount cleanly in the rear for airflow?

Thanks!

Edited by MLB

The glass in the wagon versions is an electric opening window.  If it were me, I think I'd probably try to buy the entire door for a wagon version from a boneyard and just swap out the doors.  No idea what that would cost, but it might be easier than trying to convert your door to  window version

Don